"Ugh!!" Fustration getting the best of me, "you know the one we were taught in biology class." I shook my head having to explain what he already knew.

"Oh the plant kind!" He finally got the message.

"Yes, that kind!" I was getting impatient,  how does this help in what happened yesterday, in contrast lavender are meant to be soothing.

"A card was attached to the bunch." He reached out to his bedside table, picked up a neatly folded card and passed it over to me.

Carefully I opened it and read out loud: "If you're reading this message then you successfully received it. My best wishes on your special day, please accept my little gift, I hope this lavender brings you nothing but surprises, isn't the fragrance from the lavender soothing this time of the month?"

That last sentence sounds oddly fishy

I looked over at Adams, "please tell me you didn't sniff them!"

"Nope, I didn't." I released a sigh of relief at his reply, "thank goodne-"

"Well, you said I shouldn't tell you." My head shot up at that as my heart raced.

"Y-You DIMWIT!!!" Didn't the message seem fishy enough?, "Exactly how are you considered the smarty pants in class again?"

"Hey!" He pouted, "I earned that title." He pointed his index finger at me as he narrowed his eyes.

"Sure!" I said sarcastically raising my hands in defense, "so let me guess, right after sniffing, you took them to the greenhouse."

"How did you know?!" He marvelled at my obvious means of spotting his stupidity.

"I have my ways." I smirked as for once I'm one step ahead of Adams.

Finally!

"So I went there and found Katie all anxious and decided to keep her company." He faced the opposite direction hiding his obvious tomato face.

"Let's skip that," I sat up, "do you remember anything else after that?"

"Well I remember you calling my name and the frightened expression on Katie." He shook his head at the memory as he let out a dry chuckle.

"Am I that scary?" I looked at his hurt expression as he wiped his face falling backwards onto his bed, spreading his arms as he looked towards the ceiling.

"It's not your fault!," Rather it's mine, "It should be those flowers, they were probably laced with something."

"You really think so?" His mood lightened up a bit as he sat up.

"Do you know where you put the flowers?" I asked, that was our only line of hope on getting a solid clue.

"I suppose, but if not, you are better acquainted with all those girly stuff." He smirked.

"Watch it moron," I glared playfully, "or your detective on Mr stupid's case won't be solved."

"Let's get going then loud mouth bestie." Adams said in a singsong voice.

"I'll let that slide," I looked over at the time on my phone, "Damn it!"

"What now?" Adams asked.

"I totally forgot I said I would meet Katie TODAY!" I pulled on my hair in frustration.

Why does this happen to me?

"Let's get to the bottom of this, a little delay won't hurt!" I tried consoling myself as I laughed it out.

"Yeah sure." Adams looked at me like I was spitting out nonsense.

"And you're coming with me!" I replied as payback for his earlier look.

"What?!" He panicked, "if this is payback, I'm sorry, I never thought you were crazy earlier." I deadpanned at his last response.

Sure, I believe you!

"Is someone scared?" I teased.

"Who?, Well not me!" Adams countered.

"You have to smoothen out your differences one way or another." I shrugged.

"You're enjoying this!" Adams shook his head at the awkward position he's gotten himself in.

"Let's go to the greenhouse now, or we wouldn't be able to meet up with the new change in plan." I pulled him forcefully towards the greenhouse.

******

"Mom, you don't have to do this!" I cover my eyes with my hands, I could feel my mom style my hair. The light tug on my hair causing me to yelp.

This is not going to end well

"Would you stay put?" I peeked through my fingers, my mom's tongue a little out of place as she concentrated on my hair.

*Ding dong*

Finally, a beautiful distraction

"It's her!" I slapped my mom's hands away as I rushed towards the door.

"KATIE WAIT I'M NOT DONE YET!" My mom called.

I composed myself as I straightened my pleats, took a deep breath as I slowly opened the door.

"It's so nice to-" my eyes widen in shock at who stood at the door. I stood frozen to the spot.

Why now?!

Author's Note

So here I am again after the long hiatus, it's been a while 😩, Author's block is not a friendly enemy. I hope I was able to clear (to some extent) the reason for Adams weird behavior in the previous chapter? Thanks ShubhamKumar917 for your continued support

📍Any clues on who could have sent the flowers?

📍What/who could've have made Katie react that way?

✌️ Bloom759