Whose fault?*

"- 6,7,8,9-" I was about to carry out the task but I froze at the last minute, instead I went with a different approach, as I wrap my hands around his waist while placing my head on his chest. Had I been this short?

Closing my eyes, I could feel him stiffen in surprise, but I was determined to keep my eyes closed and my heated face from his view as I hugged him tighter.

What's this feeling?

Suddenly he relaxed and nuzzled his head into my neck, making the hug more intimate than I had intended. An overwhelming warmth engulfed me. Strangely I didn't want to let go.

After what seemed like forever, a feeling of emptiness washed over me as he forced himself to pull away, "Why?!" He seemed torn as he looked at me with much intensity.

"What?!" I didn't quite understand his question.

"I..." He tried to come up with a comprehensive statement but failed, all he did was continuously stare at me after that.

"Um.." this was getting awkward, "you're acting weird Adams, cut it out."

"I'm sorry I pulled that prank on you earlier" I tried to talk some sense into him.

He inches closer to me, causing me to instinctively move backwards, "w...what has gotten into you?" With nowhere to go as I was met with the cold glass wall, panic clearly written on my face as my heart raced as I looked for a possible way to get out of this.

"Adams?!!" Thankfully he stopped, holding his head as someone behind us called out.

I looked over at the person who called, "Lucy!" I never intended to cry but the tears had a mind of its own.

Using the moment of distraction, pushing Adams away, "Are you alright?" Lucy faced me before glaring daggers at Adams. "We'll discuss this later." She said to Adams through gritted teeth.

Lucy pulled me out of the green house, "girl, I am so sorry" Lucy pleaded as her hands went in all directions.

"It's alright, it was not your fault." I pulled her hands, holding them in mine as she slightly calmed down.

"Don't say that!" She yanked her hands away, looking at me guiltily before nervously looking downwards rubbing her arm, "I caused this, if I didn't put you up for that DAMN task."

"But you came looking for me, I don't know what got into him back there, but.." Lucy's demeanor stopped me right in my tracks.

"You know what?" I put my arms around her shoulder as I pulled her towards the party, "we didn't come here to mope, we came to party!" I nudged her in the rib as her mood lightened up a bit.

"You're right, we came for a party, and that's what we're going to do!" Lucy balled her fist raising it to the air.

"Now that's the spirit!" I smiled as we headed for the party.

🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊

"You girls are back, I was starting to get worried," Mrs Anderson ushered us in, "where were you two?"

Lucy and I exchanged awkward glances before answering.

"Balcony."

"Basement."

We laughed nervously, "what we meant to say is we were taking in some fresh air at the patio."

"Outside." Lucy interjected while frantically nodding her head.

I internally facepalmed, what an awesome friend I got here 😑

"Hmm," Mrs Anderson looked at us suspiciously, "and do you by chance know where my son is?"

"No."

"Definitely not."

Yet again, we looked at ourselves but this time we both knew we agreed on something.

"Alright, you two enjoy yourselves" Mrs Anderson looked distracted as her eyes darted everywhere.

"I think you should check the..." Lucy pulled my hand forcefully away from Mrs Anderson, as I regained my posture, I yanked my hand out of hers, "Hey!, What was that for?, I was about to give her a clue on where we met Adams." My hands akimbo as I looked disapprovingly at Lucy.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm still not over my guilt yet." The same anxious look present.

"For the last time, it's not your fault." I released my hands from my waist, "so far I sensed something strange happen after I hugged him."

But then I realized my mistake as I saw Lucy's droopy expression lighten up as her eyes widen in surprise.

"Ka.."

"No!, Don't say it" I interrupted, "it isn't what you think, I just couldn't follow through with your task." thankfully

"Who cares about the stupid task, at least we are making progress." She nodded her head.

"Who's the we?" I looked suspiciously at Lucy.

"Um.. no one in particular." She looked elsewhere as she whistled, making it all the more suspicious.

"Spill! Or I'll.."

"Sheesh, I thought it would be nice if you could get closer to Adams." She looked at me for any sign of discomfort, but I stood my ground as I put on a poker face.

"Don't get me wrong, he doesn't have much friends, I have tried in the past to pull him out of world full of robots, well that's until you came along," she gestured towards me. "And the we, that's just me and my thoughts."

"Me?, What do I have to do with all of this?" This didn't make any sense, today didn't make any sense!

"You'll find out soon enough." She patted me on the shoulder playfully, as I pouted in defeat.

"I'll come over tomorrow, is that alright with you?" She grinned, I couldn't stay mad at her.

"Hmm," I pretended to think it over, "I've not had anyone visit me in a long while, I will give it a shot."

"See you tomorrow." She waved as she headed straight for Jason whose hands was intertwined with her! Amanda

Almost as if she could hear my thoughts, Amanda's face fell in my direction through the crowd, she looked me over making me self conscious.

There was a flash of surprise before she rolled her eyes and continued in her charade, laughing to the non existent chatter by Jason. Show off!

Meanwhile...

"Why does she look unfazed?" Looking at Katie made her angry.

My plan was meant to work!. She tried putting up a smile as she returned greetings made by guests invited to the party.

Looking about only made her feel sick, she never wanted to attend Adam's party.

"I feel sick, could you take me home?" She feigned being ill as she staggered a bit before she was caught before falling.

"Easy there, sure I'll take you home" he places an arm around her back and the other arm around the bend of her knees, squatting down, he moves upwards lifting her body with his legs. In his arms, he keeps her close as he heads towards the door.

Author's Note

So.. um well another chapter in like forever 😑, don't know how you'd view this chapter, but hey I updated right?😬

📍So any thoughts on what happened to Adams?

📍Any clue on the last scene?

✌️Bloom759