Answers *

So I would basically be writing another POV which is Lucy's POV. Let's see how that turns out. Anything after the next asterisk (*) is Katie's POV.

Don't forget to click on that empty 🌟!

*****

*Ding dong*

I kicked on some random dirt on the doorstep as I awaited response at the other end.

I hope he's okay!

"Lucy!" Adams seemed more surprised at my visit than happy.

"Hi," a growing anxious feeling creeping in as I tried to stay calm as possible.

"Adams, who's at the door?" Mrs Anderson called.

"Lucy, Mom!" Adams called back.

"Let's head to my room," he moved aside letting me in, "I'll go get your cake." He left without saying another word.

Cake? Which cake?... Oh! That cake!

*****

"So," he carefully studies me, I begin to feel self conscious, "what brings you here?"

"Adams!" I nudge him in the ribs, "now that you have better things to think of, you forget your childhood friend!" I pretend to be pissed.

"Seriously, why are you HERE." He emphasized, folding his arms.

"So about yesterday..." I trailed as he shut his eyes probably in self denial.

"I screwed up, Lucy!" He shuddered, "if you hadn't shown up yesterday, who knows what could have hap-"

"Adams?" Patting him slightly, "could you tell me what happened before you know."

He exhaled as he placed his arm on the windowpane, "well everything is still foggy, but what I can remember is after I blew on the candles, right after you told me to wait for you at the greenhouse, I received a gift by a little girl."

"What kind of gift?" All this sounded rather suspicious to me.

"A flower, it had spread shrubs with grey-green leaves and long flowering shoots." He replied.

"Uh!, That doesn't really give me much of a clue," this mystery was getting frustrating. " Could you perhaps identify it's color?"

"Sorry about that," he rubbed the back of his head as he flashed that nervous smile I had so long wished to see once more on his face, " it was lilac I think, I'm not really good at flowers."

"But you have a greenhouse." I deadpanned.

All he did was give a shrug as a reply.

"Flower, Shrub, flowering shoots, lilac."  I rubbed my chin as I tried piecing these clues together. "I got it!"

"Got what?" He asked.

For someone who's the brain of the team, you are stupid

"What were we discussing a minute ago?" I seemed surprised at his stupidity.

"Oh! Right, you may continue." Again the bright smile, thankfully.

"R-i-g-h-t," I stressed the word, "it should be a lavender."

"A color?, What's color got to do with this?" He still stressed how stupid he could be sometimes.