I haven't seen Reed in a while. I used to see him during meals, even if we never talked, but now I find it hard to see him there. It's as if he stopped eating at all. I know he's been obsessed with the upcoming game and sometimes he and the team eat earlier to spend more time on the field, but I miss waving at him so Beth would look pissed.

I closed my eyes again and stayed there, listening to the boys yelling and the birds singing. Jade and Courtney would be back soon enough, but I was enjoying this moment of quietude.

"Hey!" someone yelled, "AJ, is it?"

I didn't bother opening my eyes. Whoever it was would leave soon enough.

"Depends on who's asking"

He sat next to me, but I refused to open my eyes. What did I do to deserve this?

"Were you watching our game?"

"No"

"I think you were. I saw you looking"

I opened my eyes and stared at Micah and his perfectly straight white teeth. He looks weird from this angle.

"Since when is looking the same as watching? I merely glanced at you for a moment"

"I think you're lying. I think you were watching the entire game"

"Of course",

I closed my eyes again, suggesting to him I was done with the conversation, but he didn't leave.

"This is quite nice, isn't it?" he asked, laying by my side. "I saw you and your friends in here a few times"

"Meaning you're spying on us?"

Before he could answer, someone yelled his name loud and clear to get his attention. I didn't need to open my eyes one more time to recognise the douchebag's speaking.

"Micah! Come play with us! Or are you too busy with the blondie?"

"I'll be back in a second, Tone"

"You don't need to wait for a second to leave," I said. "Please, just go"

He snorted and turned to me.

"Are you so desperate to get rid of me?"

"I'm not a fan of bullies"

I'm pretty sure his smile fell, but I didn't look. Maybe if I looked as bored as possible, he would just leave.

It had been only a few weeks since I dreamt of him and I couldn't forget it so easily. I refused to acknowledge the fact that maybe I liked him. After all, he was an idiot.

"If this is because of what Tony did to Yuki, that was him, not me"

"I know it's not your fault. You didn't take part, you just watched," I ridiculed.

"I wanted to help but I..."

"You what? You were afraid of pissing off your friend? Clearly"

"No, I don't approve of what he does, but he's my friend still. I can't just turn my back on him"

I got up and yawned lazily, ignoring the fact that he was on his feet, too. Why doesn't he get the hint?

"I'm sorry, okay? You're right"

"I know"

I went through the same path Courtney and Jade had gone through earlier, pretending he wasn't behind me.

"Look, I just wanted to tell you I know you're going to try out to the play. I am too. Good luck"

I stopped. "You'll be on the play?"