Chapter 36: Farewells

Comincia dall'inizio

"Of course," Sai saw the happiness it brought the two and spoke up.

"Can I call you father as well?" Naruto's grin only increased in size as he ruffled Sai's hair. 

"Of course ya can, all of you are basically my kids anyway." They were just like him.

Orphans, born of hatred and suffering. Sakura had two abusive parents that Naruto had ended quickly, Sai never knew his parents, having been kidnapped by Danzo when he was just a toddler, and Sasuke lost his entire family, a duo slaughter provided by the masked man and Itachi Uchiha. 

They were alike in many ways so it was only right to claim them as his own. 

Waving goodbye, Naruto and Sasuke departed from the village, heading to their three year training trip. 

What they would see, do, or feel was unknown to everyone, but they had one goal. 

In Sasuke's view, the point of this trip was to get stronger so he could kill the man who helped destroy his clan and avenge his family.

In Naruto's view, the point of the trip was to get stronger physically and mentally so he could become Hokage like his father had before him. 

Three years away. . . 

Three years to go. . .

Sai and Sakura stood at the gates as they watched their sensei and father-figure leave with their teammate. "Does this make us siblings?" Sai asked Sakura carefully, not wanting to set off her hot temper. Sakura grinned ear to ear. 

"Fuck yes," She said vulgarly. "Still not gonna make me go easy on you during training!" Sai felt a bead of sweat trail down the side of his cheek. 

"Aren't I stronger than you?" He was an ex-Anbu before, a high ranking one at that with his only superiors being Fu, Torune, and of course, Danzo. Sakura felt a tick mark come onto her forehead as she suddenly glared at Sai, who blinked before slowly backing away from the pinkette. 

"I sense I've made a mistake, perhaps as siblings we can talk it out?" Sakura grinned evilly. 

"Siblings don't talk, they fight!" She then charged the pale teen only to stop as Kakashi suddenly appeared between the two. 

"Yo," He greeted unceremoniously. "It seems you both are out of a sensei, so for now I'll be taking over both of your training with the help of Naruto's girlfriend, Anko." As if to introduce herself, the second exam proctor flashed in front of Sakura and placed her elbow on the girl's head. 

"Naru gave me permission to torture you all to build your pain tolerance, doesn't it sound fun?" Sakura turned to the same skin color as Sai in fear. 

'Damn you, dad!' Sai and Sakura thought at the same time. 

It was going to be an eventful three years, that was for sure. 

Location: Unknown

"Hm. This was unexpected," Obito said as he folded his arms over his chest, his mask off as he looked at a document that was laying on a table in front of him. "They pretty much banished my little brother due to their own actions affecting his mind. How pathetic," He said the last two words bitterly.

"Obito-sama, it seems we must wait another three years to begin extracting the tailed beast, Nagato said they lacked funding as well as intel." Obito placed his mask on his face. 

"This is lining up rather conveniently. Let me go speak to Nagato, and we shall see what he has in store for the Akatsuki." Using Kamui, Obito transported himself to the Hidden Rain and appeared in a large vortex at the top of the largest tower, where Nagato's Deva Path stood as rain poured down atop of the dead man's body. 

"Is everything fairing well, Nagato?" He asked in his deep voice when portraying as Madara. 

"Not exactly," Was Nagato's reply before continuing. "It seems that our intelligence needs to be worked on. The Three-Tails is still in the Fourth Mizukage's possession, but we cannot even attempt to capture it. Also, the One-Tails has somehow tightened his seal, meaning we will need your help in extracting the beast." 

"That is acceptable. I will join Kisame's team since his last teammate died. I will be acting as a fool though in order to protect my identity." A lie but a small one. Kisame already knew he was Madara Uchiha, or so he thought. Kisame was loyal to him and not Nagato. 

"The Nine-Tails is another issue." Nagato spoke. Obito narrowed his eyes at the man. 

"What of him?" 

"He is becoming an anomaly. He is already the strongest shinobi of the Five Great Shinobi Nations, and he will only get increasingly stronger." Obito felt his mouth twist into a scowl. 

"Only I will be able to challenge him. But you needn't worry about him, I have plans for him specifically." Nagato used the Deva Path to raise an eyebrow.

"Care to elaborate?" 

"All in due time. Just know that the Rinne-Rebirth will be needed to enact what we hope to accomplish, and if your body can handle it, perhaps we will use it twice, but once is assured." The Deva Path didn't speak, he only nodded, accepting the plan.

"Very well. We shall move our pieces accordingly." 

"Good." 

With that, Obito vanished in a Kamui, leaving Nagato alone in Rain. 

Things were going according to plan, and with the help of Naruto, Obito would bring the shinobi nations to their knees and bring Rin back and live in a perfect world. 

He would be happy once more. 

End of Part One

And done. Probably some typos but whatever. 

How was it? Good? Bad? Tell me! 

Anyway, yeah. Sorry for the late update. 

Til next time my lil demons!