Part 8

It's been one week, one whole week since I've ignored Jeon Jungkook and all his attempts to catch my attention. He'd throw things at me, call me names, knock on my window then leave me alone with a frown after all his attempts go to vain.

To be honest, it was hard, especially when he announced in front of the whole class that I have a toe kink. I really had to fight back the urges to slam his head on the table right then and there.I never realized that even with the constant fights, he had become an important part of my life until now.

But like I said, I need time away from him. And that is exactly why I'm going on this date. In hopes that who ever "Mr.So hot I'd let him step on me" would atleast help take my mind off of Jungkook.

It was Saturday, and that means, the day of the date. And I had no one to help me dress up because Aera had caught a flu and my parents were on a business trip. After literally hours of convincing myself, I decided on wearing my black dress, that stopped at mid-thighs.

I stared at the mirror, eyeing the dress that hugged my body perfectly. Yet, I was uncomfortable wearing it. God it's been ages since I've last worn it. I paired it with earrings and a simple gold bracelet putting on my mom's black heels since I didn't have any. Well sneakers and crocs are the best fight me!

After applying decent amount of make up, I brushed my hair deciding on letting it down and sprayed a fair amount of perfume. Hmm I definitely did a better job this time. I smiled to myself remembering when Jungkook said I looked like I slammed my face on a monkey's ass.

I stared at the mirror one last time. Is there any makeup for confidence? I think I could really use some. I bit my lips taking in deep breaths to calm myself ."It'll be alright Y/N. It's just a date" I mumbled placing a hand over my racing heart.

A few minutes of self convincing later, I finally stepped out of my house, waiting on the driveway for my cab since my parents had taken our car with them. Should I just bail on him? No that would be mean. Not if I accidentally swallowed a cockroach. That's actually-

Too lost in my thoughts, I bumped into someone making me gasp as I stumbled being unable to balance myself on the stupid heels. I closed my eyes waiting for the fall when I felt an arm wrap around me and my body being pressed into a hard chest. I opened an eye to find Jungkook's face right in front of mine.

For a moment, I got lost in his eyes, before pushing him away and gulping audibly. "You look familiar. Have we met before?" Jungkook asked with furrowed eyebrows. He's kidding me right? "How could you not recognize me? I'm the humanized form of your pet worm Ms. Sandra"

"Wow not gonna lie Ms. Sandra, you're kinda hot" he said in all seriousness eyeing me up and down. "Mr. Noah is one lucky worm" Kill me now. "I'm now convinced that your coconut shaped head lacks some braincells in it"

His eyes suddenly widen in realization. "Y/N..." he whispered to himself "You look....beautiful". I felt hot blush crawl up my cheeks at his compliment making me clear my throat. "Took you long enough to realize that huh?" I smirked mockingly.

"No" he replied "I knew you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen since the moment I met you" is this a dream? Is Jeon Jungkook really admitting that I'm beautiful? Or maybe it's just one of his sick games. "Do you say that to every girl you meet?"

He furrowed his eyebrows giving me a confused look "What do you mean?". I scoffed at his obliviousness "Come on Jungkook, everyone knows you only like to play with girls" I failed to notice the hurt look that flashed on his face.

"I bet you only said that to get in-" I was suddenly yanked by my arm being shoved into his chest "Do you really think so?" . I stared right into his eyes as I seethed through my teeth "I know so"

"I guess I was wrong" he muttered "You don't know me as well as I thought you did" . I felt something burn inside my chest at his statement. However, I was quickly distracted by a loud horn. Must be the cab. "Whatever. Now if you excuse me, I have a date to go to"

"A d-date?" he whispered, frowning at me. His frown was however replaced by anger as he pushed me away "Fine. Have fun. Not that I care anyway". He turned on his heels going back to his house.

I couldn't take my mind off of Jungkook throughout the ride, the tears that gathered in his eyes when I told him I was going on a date. He looked genuinely hurt but it take was soon taken over by anger. But why would he be hurt? There's nothing going on in between us and he was the one who proved.

I paid the driver giving him a polite smile before heading towards the table that Aera had reserved for us. He must be here by now. I stopped in my tracks with wide eyes as I found the familiar man, more specifically my ex boyfriend sitting in the table that was reserved for my date. Does this mean...

"Y/N?"