Part 10

Taehyung carried me to his car settling me in the passenger seat before jogging over to his side. He gave me a bottle of water to drink while stroking my hair to help me calm down "Feeling better now?".

No, I wasn't. I was traumatised "Yeah" I lied not wanting to worry him anymore. He started the engine driving towards the city area that was less crowded than usual since it was almost 10PM. "How did you find me Tae?" I asked turning my eyes to the said man.

"I think you accidentally called me when Songmin was holding you down" he answered "I heard both of you through the phone and when he was talking about an abandoned building, this place immediately came to my mind"

"And fortunately you were there" I nodded at him in acknowledgement. Yes, Taehyung knew about Songmin. Infact he was the one that suggested me to shift to his school after what happened six years ago. He's always been like a brother to me, someone that genuinely cares for me. I was more than grateful to have met someone like him.

"Thank you Taehyung" I said in a barely audible voice since I was still to shaken up by the recent even. He stretched a soft smile on his lips before focusing back on the road. "By the way" he spoke "I've already informed Jungkook so you don't have to worry about giving him an explanation"

I merely looked at him with wide eyes being unable to speak anymore. "Your parents requested for you to stay at his place since they are on a business trip and Jungkook's mom is not in the city either" he informed as I nervously bit my lips.

My eyes fell on the dark bruises that scattered around my arms making tears brim in my eyes. No, I can't cry again. I don't want Taehyung to think I'm weak. So I swallowed back the burning lump formed in my throat squeezing my eyes shut.

At the moment, I didn't care about staying away from Jungkook, not falling for his charms or anything. In all honesty, I wanted him to hold me like he did the other night. I wanted him to tell me that everything was okay now.

We soon arrived at the familiar neighbourhood. I immediately averted my gaze upon Jungkook who was sitting in his porch with his head held in his arms and knees folded upto his chest.

As soon as he heard the screeching of tyres, he looked up with wide and swollen eyes. Opening the door with shaky fingers, I stepped out of the car immediately shivering due to the cold breeze. However, the cold was soon casted away by Jungkook's warmth as he wrapped his arms around me burying his face into my neck.

He let out a sigh, as he if was relieved after seeing me. "Are you okay?" he asked holding my face in his hands. No. I nodded at him. His furrowed his eyebrows forming deep creases on his forehead staring into my eyes and I knew he could tell that I wasn't okay.

Thankfully he let it slide still burying my face into his chest as I heard him speak "Thanks man". I felt Taehyung's soft hands caressing my head gently before he muttered "Take care of her". With that, I heard the engine roar and the car drive away.

Jungkook guided me towards his couch, all while I followed him like a puppy. Numb. I felt numb. "Do you want something to drink?" I shaked my head rejecting his offering looking down at the floor that suddenly appeared amusing.

I heard him sigh before the seat beside me sinked in due to his weight. His soft arms made their way around my waist as he pulled me towards him resting his chin on my shoulder. He pressed soft kisses on my head, stopping right above my ear as he whispered "Cry".

I felt my chest tighten, a burning sensation making it's way upto my throat. A similar burn resembled in my eyes forming unwanted tears before I broke down into his chest wrapping my arms around his neck. He cradled me in his arms like a baby whispering sweet words into my ears and caressing my back gently.
"I-I was s-so s-scared" I stuttered clutching his shirt in my palms.  "I know baby" he mumbled "I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you". I shaked my head against his chest signalling that he didn't have to apologise. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't Aera's fault either. It was mine. It was my fault for being so pathetic.

Jungkook layed down on the couch still holding me in his arms. He rested his head on top of mine "It's okay. You're safe now. I'm here with you" he pressed a kiss on my head and the last thing I heard before dozing off was "Go to sleep my angel. I'll protect you"

The Next Morning

I woke up to my face being pressed against something hard and warm arms wrapped around my waist. I blinked my eyes a few times in confusion before looking up to find Jungkook's peaceful sleepy face above my head.

I leaned into his chest admiring his slightly parted plump lips, rosy cheeks and fluttering eyes reaching up to remove a strand of hair from his face. He's so beautiful. I sighed pressing a kiss to his cheek.

As soon as my lips parted from his soft cheeks my eyes widened. No I'm supposed to stay away from him. No matter how petty I sound, I know once I fall for him, I won't be strong enough to watch him leave me for some other girl. Like he does every time.

I've fallen in love once, and it didn't end up well. I'm too scared to go through that again. I know Jungkook and Songmin were nowhere near similar. Jungkook would never do what Songmin did. But still, I can't stay. I have to leave.

And so I pulled away from him with a little difficulty since his arms were tightly wrapped around my waist. I placed my hand on the doorknob but before I could twist it open, I felt a presence behind me.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked in his deep morning voice rubbing his eyes like a kid with his fluffy hair tousled on top of his head. He looks adorable. Stop! "Home" I bluntly replied "Thank you for letting me stay over last night"

I was about to turn around but his tight grip on my arm stopped me "You're doing it again" he remarked making me raise an eyebrow. "Doing what?" I nonchalantly asked. "You're avoiding me"

"I'm not" I rolled my eyes at him. "Well then care to explain why you've been ignoring my texts, calls and literally my existence?" he groaned in frustration "You don't even look at me Y/N"

"Above all" he muttered suddenly looking angry "You go on a blind date without even bothering to tell me about it"

"Well why should I tell you about it? It's not like we're dating or feel anything for one another" Jungkook suddenly pushed me back pinning me against the wall with his face centimetres away from mine. "But don't we?" he rhetorically asked.

"Do you really feel nothing for me Y/N? Did you really feel nothing when we kissed? Was it merely a slip of a moment for you?"

"D-does it matter?" I looked away "Either way you're gonna go around to find a new girl to tap every night". He growled making my breath hitch "And may I ask what makes you say that?"

"Oh I don't know. Maybe you kissing some random chick in the park the other day!" his eyes widened as if a realization struck on him "God Y/N! Is that why you're so mad at me?". I furrowed my eyebrows at his question "Well why wouldn't I be?"

"Because I didn't kiss the girl willingly Y/N! She came on to me" he spoke in a louder voice "Apparently Saera got someone to spy on us the other night and went crazy when she caught us kissing. So she paid this girl to kiss me forcibly to make me look bad in front of you"

It was at this moment I knew that I fuckedu up. "J-Jungkook I-" he placed a finger on my lip silencing me while bringing his face closer to mine. "Listen to me baby" he breathily spoke "I know I've done shit ton of mistakes banging random girls everyday" he feathered his lips over mine "But now, the only person I ever want to kiss is you" and he sealed his lips with mine.