The unfriendly officer

As soon as classes were done for the day Cassie ran straight out of the building and into her car and headed straight to the station

As she pulled up in front of the station, memories from the night of the murder flooded back into her mind, but she just shook them away quickly and pulled her keys out of the ignition and made her wat into the building. There was a guard standing outside who nodded and smiled at her, she returned the gesture and walked past him into the lonely space that was the first thing anyone saw whenever they walked in. It seemed a lot more spacious than the last time she was there because there was hardly anyone inside. there was a wide space and a reception desk stood right at the center of the room. There was an officer sitting behind the high table, looking at her expectantly, almost like he was happy that someone finally walked in to save him from his boredom.

"Can I help you young lady?" he smiled eagerly, the way a new employee would smile to impress their boss.

"Errrr, yes please, I'm looking for Detective Brady Bauer please," she said shyly, tucking a pice of loose nor behind her ears.

"Is he expecting you?" he looked down at his computer screen.

"Kinda," she replied, because she herself was not sure the answer to that question. Is he truly expecting me? she thought to herself, or was he just being nice?

"Kinda?" He looked at her skeptically "who should I say is looking for him?"

"He doesn't exactly know my name yet," she said feeling even more stupid at that point. Cassie felt the presence of someone much nigger than her behind her, she turned around to see that it was the detective she met at her high school. He had his head buried in some files which he held in one hand, while he slipped the other in his pocket. If someone took a photo of him in that stance he could land himself on the cover of the cosmopolitan. Cassie cleared her throat and he looked up, his eyes widened as soon as he saw her. He shut the file and pulled his other hand out of his pocket and pointed at Cassie. 

"Ahhhh, you're the young lady who almost killed me today," he laughed.

"Yes I am", she laughed awkwardly "My name's Cassidy Meyer but please call me Cassie."

"Cassie," he repeated, as though he was trying to memorize her name. "So I see you took my offer seriously," he said. She noticed the man at the desk staring at them as if they were speaking in an alien tongue and she gave him a look so to say  'told you I knew him.'

"That's actually why I'm here, to talk to you about it."

"Alright then, follow me to my office." He handed the file her was holding to the officer behind the desk and simply said "you know what to do." And then he led the way to his office.

Detective Brady's office had a slight see through door with brown edges. It was of moderate size; it had a large rectangular shiny brown desk adorned with books, files, a tiny American flag and some photos which Cassie assumed were of his family. In front of his desk were two black leather arm chairs and opposite them was the detective's seat which was slightly bigger and better looking. There was a flat screen tv on the wall opposite his seat and a small refrigerator on the ground. There was a door behind his seat to the right which had to be a toilet door or some sort of storage space.

"Nice place you've got here," she said nodding her head in approval as she carefully observed every detail of his office.

"I try my best," he said proudly. "So, Cassie you wanted to speak to me?"

"Yes, about what you said earlier today, I wanted to know if you were being serious or not. It got be thinking, your job is something I've been passionate about ever since I was ten, not many people support me but I don't care, I really want to do this." Detective Brady leaned in paying attention to what she was saying  "so when you made me feel like I had a chance today I was ecstatic, and then I felt stupid cause you probably just see me as some teenage girl and you were probably just joking" she stayed.