Chapter 11 - Taping again

Joe smirked with confidence, as he watched me have a tight grip on his phone. Clicking on the icon for the game, I stopped and turned my attention towards Joe ,with a confusing look wiped across my face, the app opened.
"Are you sure your not just making a fool of me? This game looks childish!"
I honestly felt like a 3 year old that couldn't colour inside the lines. "Haha you will only look foolish when I beat you! And don't diss it ... you have never played it, have you?"
"No... I haven't played it" uncertainty filled my voice.
Lets get this over with. I clicked play and begun.
I stared at the screen just looking at this little chicken stop there , waiting for my command "So what do I do?" Just out of my own curiosity, I tapped the screen. And, Hop! It jumped. This Seemed simple enough.
Tap, jump, tap, jump

Together we both agreed on the rules. 3 goes each. No second trys, no Redo's! Once you die that was it, go one over. You get hit a second time, you have 1 life left. And then, when you died for the 3rd time. Times up.

1,2,3 Simple.

He peered over me, Watching my every move. Each time I was close to hitting a truck or car, he would flinch, hold his breath and his whole body would tense up, then as soon as I made it, he relaxed again. The pressure for this game was sure building up.

I didn't get far before my chicken got hit, I think I crossed about 5 roads. Considering the fact that I never had touched this game before, I did pretty well. But my goes went in a flash and I finished my 3 rounds before I knew it.

"STOP! Stop, you have had your goes no cheating!" His finger pointed at me like he was my dad telling me off.
It made me laugh how serious he was about this game. I couldn't help but chuckle. "What? What you laughing at?" Joe seemed shocked and worried, as to what he thought he had done.
"You! It's funny how serious you are!" Joe's smiled dropped and he glared at me... I Matched his expression by lowing my eyebrows, tensing my face and letting of a serious smirk.
Both our faces, stern and our eyes set on each other like a hunter catching its prey. The space between us, it was filling with strain.
Quickly I whipped my head to the phone, as it had pinged, vibrated and put a notification at the top I the screen. It was a text. Together we both looked confused but yet it was overloading with excitement! Marcus had decided to text joe, most probably about Niomi...

Marcus: Niomi Is out she wants to see you all.

Back and forth, we looked at the phone then each other. Joe conveyed a encouraging look, for the phone was his and I felt rude to go to his texts without his permission. But, without words I could tell the two of us both wanted to reply.
I read the text again to double check, that way I could be sure of my response.

Hi Marcus, it's lilly, I'm with joe and how is she holding up? Is she okay?

15 minutes later. We had thrown back a series of texts to one another. But through all that, I suddenly realised that. I hadn't heard from Zoe... As far as I'm aware, no ones really caught up with how Zoe is. My face and my heart both filled with anxiousness. I didn't know what to do. I started to panic. What if she was really hurt? I briefly turned my attention to Joe, and very quietly asked if I could use his phone to text Alfie. He didn't spit a word he just nodded.

Joe: Hi , this is Lilly... How's Zoe? Have you heard any news? Anything at all?

It took him a while to respond but I waited. Waited. And waited. my head filled with bothered thoughts. And my body strained.

Alfie: Hey are you all okay ? And yes I have heard some news about Zoe, but none of us want to hear it.
Zoe's in a Coma... For about a 7 weeks they think. They has operated and done all the stuff they need to.

By this point, Joe was reading Over my shoulder, he took a deep gulp of air and exhaled it after holding it for 3 seconds. Yet, when he let it out, it was very shooken and stuttered. I could tell from a mile away that he was scared

Joe... You okay?" He replied with a faint whisper

"Yeah...."

I could tell he was a long way from okay.
"Here..." I lent over and gave him a hug in hope to reassure him. He hugged me back tightly. Joe buried his head into my shoulder and squeezed his eyes shut. As if to hold back tears.

"Zoe's a strong person, I Believe in her, she will be just fine."

JOE P.O.V:

Those texts gave me butterfly's and that's a feeling I hate. I didn't know what to do next! What can you do when you sister is out cold for 7 weeks? I didn't want to break the news to our parents! It would pain me to see them hurt too.

Lilly looked at me but I could see the fear in her eyes, she was a anxious as I was! I just wanted to hug her and never let go...

"Joe, you okay?"

With out any thought I just responded with a simple "yeah..." Being a guy, I just tried to ignore it all. I started bouncing my knee up and down, that was my body's way of showing I was worried.

Suddenly, Lilly hugged me, at first I was tense and stiff but soon, I started to loosen up. I hugged her back; tightly. That hug made me melt inside, I Haven't he a hug like that in ages. I buried my head into her shoulder and cuddled her. I honestly wanted to cry . But, I held it back. My own sister. Practically dead for 7 weeks.