Chapter 5

The next day, they went to hogsmead. Hermione seemed to be deep in thought. Blaise and Astoria were doing most of the talking. Harry observed Hermione, he wamted to know what was wrong. Draco bumped into him playfully, "why so tense Potter?"

Harry shook his head, "it's nothing."

Draco looked over at Hermione and smirked. "I see. What did the Weaslette tell you yesterday?"

"she wanted to get back together."

Draco hummed, "what did you say?"

Harry shrugged, "I told her I didn't feel that way anymore. Then she said that she hoped mione had better luck with Ron."

Draco nodded, "and that makes you feel bad. Don't deny it, I can see it. But you should know, I've talked to her and she doesn't feel that way about him. You should talk to her. Astoria is better at this type of advice, if you need anything you can always go to her." Draco turned to look at Pansy, "I better check on her. She's been having a hard time, it's almost her anniversary with Theo."

Harry walked to Hermione, "everything ok?"

Hermione smiled, "yeah. H-how was your talk with Gin yesterday?"

"she wanted to get back together, I told her that I didn't feel that way about her. She said that she hopes you have better luck with Ron..."

Hermione pouted, "I don't want to get with him. I don't like him like that. I feel bad because it's what everyone expects from me."

"it's not what I expect. I expect you to do whatever makes you happy. I'll be by your side no matter what."

Hermione smiled and wrapped her arms around Harry for a quick hug, "thank you."

"Oi" Astoria called out to the group, "it's a beautiful day outside, how about we shop for a little whilst then we get some ice cream and we eat it back here? Near the lake."

They all agreed on the plan. After shopping for a while they all went to buy some ice-cream. Draco casted a spell to prevent the ice cream from melting before they got to the black lake.

They chatted and ate their ice cream and when they were finished they stayed there enjoying their day. Harry had his head on Hermione's lap feeling relaxed as she stroked his hair as she talked.

"how is everyone doing with their plant?" Blaise asked.

Draco rolled his eyes, "This is a school work free zone Blaise. Don't traumatise me with that but Asty and I are a great team. We got Asphodel."

"Harry and I got Moly. It's growing quite well."

Pansy pouted, "Weasley won't let me tend to the plant. I reckon he already murdered the poor plant."

Blaise chuckled, "I hope Weaslette doesn't kill ours. I would much prefer having it with me but don't worry Pansy. I've seen your plant, it's surviving but you better steal it from him before it's too late. You're brilliant at herbology."

"speak of the devil." Draco pointed behind his friends.

Hermione saw two redheads standing far away from them. They seemed to be fighting. Harry stroaked her hand affectionately hoping it would ease her nerves. It didn't help when Ron was walking towards them. "Hermione, do whatever makes you happy." Harry reminded her.

Hermione stood up and walked to Ron. Ron gave her a half smile, "sorry to interrupt. Gin is insufferable because of something Harry said. I know it's not his fault but I rather be away from her right now." He took a deep breath, "look yesterday I was just joking around to make Parkinson leave me alone. I know how you feel and I actually think I may feel the same way. When you came over last time I said so many stupid things. I'm sorry, I was worried about what my mother would say but it doesn't matter now. What matters is getting my friends back, or at least patch up things. I'm not going to ask you to stop hanging with the snakes. I'm rambling aren't I? "

Hermione smiled, "yes, yes you are. I forgive you if you forgive me for distancing myself."

Rom hugged her, "of course I forgive you." Hermione hugged him back. "I better go, I should calm my sister down. If you see Luna ask her to find us."

Hermione nodded, "before you go. I wanted to tell you that Pansy would really like to take care of the plant. She's brilliant at that. All of the plants she brought from the muggle world are so healthy. I think it helps her with everything that happened."

Ron smiled, "I'll give it to her tonight. Bye."

"Bye."

Harry bit his lip and laid his head down on the grass, he felt as if someone punched him in the gut. Blaise's motherly instincts kicked in but for once he didn't know what to do or say.

Hermione made her way back to them and sat next to Harry again. Astoria raised an eyebrow but it was Blaise who pried for information.

"he just apologized. Wants to be friends again. Nothing more. He also agreed on giving you the plant Pansy."

Draco looked over at Harry and noticed he still had a painful look in his face. "Maybe we should head back. I can turn someone to a telly and we can watch a movie or two."

Harry shook his head, "you guys go ahead. I'm a little tired, it's better if I rest my head for a bit."

Hermione grabbed his hand, "I'll walk you back."

The slytherins stared at them. Harry blushed and shot them a glare, the slytherins averted their eyes. Harry shook his head, "you go watch movies with them."

"but-"

Harry kissed her forehead, "I'm fine. I promise, just a little stressed about the quidditch try outs tomorrow. Don't worry."

Hermione nodded letting go if his hand and watching him go. She turned back at the slytherins who were yet again staring. "what?"

Astoria chuckled, "nothing, let's go."