Chapter 1

After the war Harry had decided to go live in the Black Manor. Ginny had offered him to go live in the Burrow with all the Weasleys. He couldnt do it, he felt guilty for Fred dying. If he was faster no one would've died.

Dudley reached out to him a few days ago. He was in university and had met a lovely girl in a coffee shop who inspired him to reach out. Harry invited him over for tea.

"Good to see you Harry, nice umm place." Dudley took off his coat and just before he could hang it kreacher appeared. Dudley screamed, "what the hell is that.?!"

Harry looked over at his elf, "just an elf. He won't hurt you. It's good to see you again Dudley. How are you?"

They sat down in the kitchen, Harry served the tea much to kreacher's annoyance. "Kreacher please leave us alone."

Kreacher snapped his fingers and dissappeared.

Dudley squirmed uncomfortably in his seat, he still had nightmares about the pig's tail. Harry gave him a small smile, "how've you been Dud?"

"good. School is hard but I think you've got it harder no?"

Harry bit his lip, "don't remind me. I just want one normal year. A year to only stress about classes."

Dudley chuckled, "are you dating anyone?"

Harry glanced quickly at the letters he had received from Ginny that he just couldn't open. "sort of."

"sort of?" Dudley seemed to finally be comfortable, "what do you mean?"

Harry took a sip of his tea but before he could answer an otter patronus floated his way. Dudley stared in awe as Harry went to open the door after casting a quick spell. A girl is brown hair hugged him immediately. "is she your girlfriend?"

Harry turned around but didn't let his friend go, "Dudley this is Hermione. Hermione meet Dudley."

Hermione glared at Dudley, "I've heard of you."

Dudley put his hands up, "hey."

Harry chuckled, "Hermione it's ok. I invited him over for tea."

Hermione blushed, "oh I'm so sorry Harry. I'll come back another time."

"no, stay. Please." Dudley said. "I would like to meet you."

Hermione looked over at Harry who just shrugged, "want some tea?"

Hermione nodded and followed them in. Dudley smiled and whispered in Harry's ear, "your girlfriend is scary."

Harry blushed, "no. We're just friends. She's brilliant and everything but no."

Hermione sat down next to Harry after he served her tea. "you're a witch right? You can do magic things like Harry? Do you have an elf? What was that ghost otter? Is that like a spell?"

Hermione looked surprised, "yes. I can do magic but unlike Harry who was born from two wizards my parents were normal. That thing you saw was a patronus. It's hard to explain. And Harry, the elf he's talking about is kreacher right?"

"yes mione, don't worry."

Dudley looked down at his tea, "do you need to go to university after Hogwarts?"

Hermione shook her head, "no. Not unless you want to live out here and get a good job out here."

Dudley nodded.

The three continued to talk until Dudley had to go. Hermione stayed with Harry on the couch. "Ginny told me to tell you that you better open those letters. She seemed angry but she didn't say anything else."

Harry went to the stack and carried them back to the couch. "you went to visit today?"

Hermione nodded sadly, "I went to talk with Ron. I don't think I should go back any time soon."

Harry pulled her to a hug letting her tear up. "it's ok. I'm here. It's fine. I got you." Hermione nodded trying to calm herself down. Harry rubbed her back in circles and kissed her forehead gently. "we have each other. That's more than enough. He'll come around, he's just hurt. You know how Ron is."

"he'll never forgive me Harry. Ron is not going to forgive me. I told him the kiss was an in the moment thing and that we should just be friends. He looked so heartbroken. It's all my fault."

"he does like you Hermione. The way he reacted was normal and once everything cools down he'll be alright."

A few moments later Hermione calmed down. "I'll leave you so you can open the letters."

Harry reached out and grabbed Hermione's wrist, "can you stay? Let's have a sleepover after I open these. I'll go for pizza."

Hermione nodded liking the idea. Harry looked at the letters and began opening them.

Dear Harry

I really miss you. Why don't you come to visit? We could go on a walk or something like that. I really just want to see you again. Spend time with you. Don't be a hero.

Love you
Ginny

Dear Harry

I'm beginning to worry about you a lot. No one has seen you other than my owl. Are you feeling alright? I would like to see you, do you think we can meet up. I miss you a lot.

Love you and miss you
Ginny

Dear Harry

I tried tracking down my owl but it really seems you don't want to be found. Please write back. Mum really wants to see you again.

Miss you
Ginny

Dear Harry

Why haven't you written back? Are you getting my letters? Harry please stop ignoring me. Have you heard anything from Hermione? We haven't seen her either. I hope you write back.

Miss you
Ginny

Harry kept reading until he got to the last one.

Harry

It seems that things between us aren't great. You've been ignoring all of my letters and I don't even know if you'll ever read this one. I think it's best if we break up and not damage each other further.

I hope you understand
Ginny

Harry teared up, "oh god. What have I done?"

Hermione grabbed the letter and read it. She hugged Harry immediately.

Harry chuckled sourly, "I'm just a bloody fantastic boyfriend."

"hey, at least we have each other right?"

Harry nodded, "we should go to get that pizza I promised."

"let's go."