Self evaluation

Third POV

As team 7 heads back in the direction towards the leaf village which they are a day away from, Naruto has been lost in thought on the event that transpired. But he mostly been thinking of his abilities as a whole. He's not too trilled on his performance to say the least.

Naruto POV

Inner thoughts ( Dammit, I thought I was better than this! I know Haku is Chunin level based off what Kakashi Sensei told us, but he handed me and Sasuke an ass whooping with those ice mirrors. I'm more frustrated with myself cause I jump in the middle of those mirrors without fully understanding the situation we're in! Not just that, how did I break Haku's jutsu? Last thing I remembered was Sasuke getting impaled by those Ice needles and then I got angry and.... That's it. Once Haku's masked had fallen off I regain control of myself. That's dangerous, I need to beware of myself at all times. There's no telling who I may attacked when I black out like that....)

"Dobe what's the matter you seemed disturbed?" Asked Sasuke
"Nothing just a little sore is all Teme. "
"Hn" Sasuke replied. " Well we could take a short break if you guys want" said Kakashi. " Well Sakura" I said as Sasuke and Kakashi wait for her respond. " Ummmmm I rather keep going, I just want a hot bath for a change." Said Sakura. " Okay we still have a lot of daylight left so let's keep moving. We continue move along at a steady pace.

Inner thoughts ( Well Despite the fact I blacked out, at least I figured out a secret of a shadow clone jutsu. And to think Sakura unknowingly helped me discovered it.

Naruto Flashback

Damn, with this thick mist Zabuza and that fake Hunter Nin are definitely here. Shadow clone Jutsu!!! 5 clones were created. Okay boys spread out to figure out where everyone is located, NOW GO!!!!! A few minutes had passed and one of they The original me and one of my clones found Sakura and our client Tazuna who are at the bridge near the supplies.

I dispelled 4 of them and left this one Sakura-Chan and Old man Tazuna!!! Sakura/Tazuna: NARUTO/BRAT!!!! YOU MADE IT! They both said in unison. " Geez Naruto you chose a weird time to oversleep." Sakura said annoyed but glad he was there. Well thank Kami I did overslept cause Gato sent his goons to Tazuna house. " What!? Are.."Tazuna was starting to ask a question but I cut him off. Tsunami and Inari are okay. I knocked those thugs out and tied them up. Sakura where are Kakashi Sensei and Sasuke? " Well Kakashi Sensei and Zabuza are battling towards the one part of the while Sasuke and that Hunter are battling the opposite direction. Know Kakashi he going to tell me to help Sasuke so Imma head that way. I'll leave a my clone here with you guys, well I'll make a second one just to be sure. " (Sakura smiles a little) Wow Naruto that's actually smart of you, Huh?" said Sakura" He took off towards your teammate direction" said Tazuna. " It's okay Sakura-Chan after boss is done saving every one he'll take you out for dinner."said Clone Naruto. " NARUTO BAKA!!! She punched the clone and it dispelled. Damn it nows there's only one clone left" said Sakura. " ( Geez you have anger issues)." Thought Tazuna.

" Okay she said Teme should be in this dir..... Whoa!!! Wow So when my clone dispells I get those memories. Most of the time I'm always rushing an opponent using so many clones so I wouldn't notice. " You will never escape my ice mirror dome Uchiha" said Haku. Shit I better hurry and help Teme.

End Flash back. Back to Naruto POV

( It's definitely something I have to completely test out once we're back in the village. But I'm also going to work on other things as well like taijutsu styles, since the academy style taijutsu doesn't suit me. Not to mention some instructors tried to sabotage me, Mizuki should be lucky I didn't kill him. I can probably find books to help me in the Shinobi section of the library. I can't wait to get back in the village)

Kakashi POV

Kakashi is currently walking with his Genins and reading his Orange book Icha Icha Paradise. He has stop reading his book for awhile cause he's been watching his Genins. Sasuke is still recovering from his battle with Haku. But surprisingly Naruto has been keeping his attention the most. (Hmmmmmm he's been looking serious on and off for quite some time. I wonder what he's thinking about? He's usually boisterous and hyper active but he looks determined, which is a good thing of course. But what caused it? I'll have to have a one-on-one talk with him later. Hmmmmmm the sun is starting to set we can stop now.) Okay the sun is setting we can set up camp here by the trees. I smell fresh water from a stream nearby. Sakura you go with Sasuke and collect firewood nearby trees. Naruto you can refill the canteen with water from the stream. " HAI SENSEI!!!!" Naruto and Sakura replied while Sasuke replied " Hn."

Thanks to Naruto using his clones, he returned first, Sakura is with Sasuke making sure he's not overworking himself while gathering firewood. Sasuke was still tired which should be expected since he experienced fighting a foreign national ninja with a blood line. Naruto was on his way to help gather firewood until I call out to him." Naruto I would like to talk to you for a second." I said. " About what Kakashi Sensei?" Naruto respond." You appear to have something on your mind so I'm checking up on you. " I said.

" Oh it's nothing really Sensei," Naruto said. "Now Naruto I'm your Sensei so I know when you're lying now spill it, what's bothering you?" I said being more serious. "Sigh, fine if you must know I'm evaluating my overall performance based off this mission. And regardless of the success of the mission, I'm not satisfied with myself." Naruto said in a matter of fact tone.

( Honestly I'm shocked Naruto even evaluates himself, is this truely Naruto I'm talking to?) "Enlighten me on what you feel your not satisfied with?" I asked since I couldn't really watch his performance because of my own battle with Zabuza.

" My skillset and strategic mindset are my biggest problem. My skillset because I really only know my Shadow Clone Jutsu and transformation Jutsu. THAT'S IT!!!! My taijutsu may as well doesn't exist since I just throw punches and kicks without a style. So once I get back in the village I'mma do some personal training" Naruto finished explaining.

" Hmmmmmm I have some ideas that can help you." I said to him." Let's continue this conversation later Sensei. I don't want the others to know, I'm not in the mood to hear their remarks." Naruto said as he see Sakura and Sasuke on their way back.
"Okay it's a deal." I say as the remaining Genin return to light the fire at camp. Naruto is showing some maturity that's for sure. But for how long I wonder?

End of chapter

This is my version of how I envisioned Naruto should have been. I decided to crap my OC Naruto story that I was planning on publishing but I want to make a ninja from one of the other villages like Kiri or Kumo. I'm still working on my story The Forgotten Inuzuka but I'm debating on doing a rewrite. This story next chapter should be a soon by Sunday if not earlier. I'm switching back to my style of writing cause this style is okay but my other style is better to me. Until next time.