Chapter 179: Serendipity

A/N: Mama!Elsa chapter 💞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Come to bed, love, please. It's almost eleven."

"I'll be there, I just have to finish sorting these," His hand descended from the lower corner of the document to wrap a firm finger around the mug and raise it to his strawberry flavored lips, and Elsa frowned upon this.

When it comes to lately attended matters of state, Aiden is simply opposed to the idea of earning a well deserved night's recharge.

"You said that thirty minutes ago. You're tiring yourself out too much," Elsa sighs, wrapping her arms around his robed chest from behind as she watched how the livid flames from the hearth cause the irises of her husband's eyes to coruscate.

She inched her face closer and nudged his cheek with hers, purring softly, "I loved the party you've thrown, by the way. I don't usually find such exciting or so, but I loved it."

Aiden's lips slyly stretched upwards, "I'm glad."

Still unsatisfied that the King of Arendelle won't drop the papers and submit to her wish, Elsa slid away from the bed, swayed her way to her partner's side and slung an arm around his, biting her lip as a tempting pout.

Much to the blonde's surprise, Aiden remained resisting and unsusceptible. Usually this act of hers is so effective. Standing up and leaving the space next to him, the ice queen dumped her pillow towards the arm of the sofa and lay, not really noticing she have successfully caught the fire king's attention.

His head tilted to his wife's direction. "Perhaps I might've gone too far."

The brightened look of Elsa's face couldn't be more relieved. "You think?" She lightly joked, rising and bending forward to kiss his cheek. Aiden smiled as he puts the papers on the night stand before gratefully gesturing to the bed.

"Well, I don't want to keep my wife waiting," He sees her yawn adorably, so he grinned. After bringing her pillow back to where it was on the mattress, Elsa impatiently pulled him downwards and finally got her favorite pillow where she wanted him to be—by her side.

Aiden hummed and sighs contentedly, his chin on her hair. Why did he kept postponing her requests again? The whole world around them seemed to fade when he felt the woman in his arms lift herself higher, and he got a beautiful scenery of her eyes, her nose, lips.

He liked how everything between them is so casual yet superbly loving and affectionate.

Aiden chuckles and moved closer, closing his eyes. What a great fate he managed to make for himself. He has his own children sleeping in their bassinet by their bedside, he's lying next to this precious woman. Someone else can have all the shooting stars tonight.

He cannot possibly ask for anything more.

All of those thoughts dispersed when Elsa's side of the mattress sank fleetingly with the queen sitting up for some reason. The ice queen's upright shadow loomed over his relaxed form, and he curiously watched as his wife gently gazed at the resting souls sprawled about inside the cozy thing.

"Can you believe it?" She mused all suddenly.

He tore himself from a trance and replies, "Believe what?"

The queen laughs heartily, her eyes tracing her daughter, "I can't believe I–we, have created two, sweet, innocent creatures that used to be a mere fantasy of mine when I thought that's how everything with me will end up to be, when I made a foolish decision to stay in the North Mountain."

He crawled closer behind her and inhaled her intoxicating scent. "How?"

"I would have always stood behind the balcony in my ice castle, asking myself what could've happened if I return home, if even a single subject of mine would still accept me, if somebody could even have the capability to love me," Her eyes grew glossy, "Life following after that must've been filled with regrets."

"But you're now living in what you've fantasized, snowflake," Aiden smiled, "Don't you think it's time you leave the past alone?"

Elsa nods. "Anna have helped me do so... You, have helped me do so," She leans against his touch as she felt him shift closer, "Thank you."

The wan, aural moonlight came dimly glittering through the polished windows of her and Aiden's personal quarters, the fire king rolling to his side to try and get some rest. And with that, silence soon replaced words when nothing of those were shared.

For now, just for this moment, Elsa will devote all of her to the two little bodies sleeping ever so blissfully, not caring very much about the world at all as their closed lids prevented her from seeing the vivid blues and greens beneath.

And to think, they are both hers.

This stunning realization would periodically pay Elsa a visit, but hell she doesn't mind. She knew, deep in her head that she's so far from deserving any of what has been gifted to her by chance, but never will she forget to reap what she have sowed.

They look so tiny even though they're in their age of three months and she wouldn't even let a wet nurse near them. They're mine, she had once protectively told her husband with a particular don't-you-dare-mess-with-me expression, and they shall feel none other than me.

She couldn't help but be so tearful. They're mine. Miraculously mine.

Elsa laid a hand on her daughter's occasionally undulating belly, dainty fingers drawing gentle circles. Her palm soon found the princess's thumping heart, and hers swelled when Aria subconsciously moved the back of her hand nearer to her mother's.

Sliding her index finger between those chubby ones, Elsa tensed up at the new, warm contact. The baby girl must have sensed her mother that she tightened her grip a little bit more.

What if you can... No, Elsa, you might wake them up, she mentally shook her head, but she considered the option favorably. I'm sure they won't move a budge.

She laughed quietly to herself before she took action. Deja vu, she'll say. This very moment reminds her of that certain day after regaining consciousness because of childbirth. She could clearly remember Auriana and Chandler's adorable little faces, a bit wrinkled and red but to her they were absolutely perfection.

They were no more than a day old who saw the world around them as a mere blur, and she have fallen asleep with them snoozing by her side during the twins' first time sleeping in their parents' bedchambers.

Why, she didn't even know her husband have already curled up next to their little family, extremely aware that he may squash them with his steel-like weight. But of course, Aiden is no restless sleeper so he didn't move an inch the entire night.

So when she woke up, six o'clock in the morning, she have mistaken her husband for a dangerous stranger, with his back turned against them. She have growled... And growled, and growled! She could still recall the manner of how she held her newborns like an awakened bear shielding her cubs, and Aiden looked utterly terrified that he fell off his side of the bed.

She smiles and finally resolved to a decision.

Oh well, it's just for tonight.

To be continued
on the next chapter...