Darkness followed with agonized whimpers, sobs and sniffles. He did not know if this was really a part of him, but he could not control himself.

Tears flowed down his eyes like a torrential pour and cries emitted from his bleak heart.

He bent his upper half, trying to stifle the loud cries as he tenaciously gripped on the pen, so hard that he knew the material would leave an imprint on the inside of his palm. His brain had reached delirium and only hysteric outcries could come out.

Haphazardly Yoongi wiped his eyes, but immediately he felt a rush of warm tears streaming down his cold skin.

He could feel the groaning of his heart die down as swiftly as it came but his chest was still swelled in pain. So he grabbed on his flimsy shirt where his heart laid and his other hand with the pen reached for the empty notebook on his lap.

Yoongi was chewing on his bottom lip so hard that he could feel the metallic taste of blood inside his mouth, his bony arms were quivering nonstop when he wrote the first line.

'I can have a taste of failure and frustration and bow my head'

He stopped biting on his lips and stared at the line for a second. He had only written it on impulse, unlike how he would write his lyrics but he knew the truth on this.

The next second he spend staring at his sickly pale arms, not really focusing on it. He was feeling dejected again, but somehow this was better than the state of mind he had been to before his breakdown. Yoongi grabbed the pen again.

'We are still young and immature, don't even worry about it

Moss surely grows on a stone that doesn't roll'

The next lines came to him faster, pen swiftly dancing on the white paper now stained with ink. Only scribbles were heard in the silent atmosphere.

'If you can't return, go straight through your mistakes and forget them all

Never mind

It's not easy but engrave it onto your chest

If you feel like you're going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot

Come on'

What time was it? Two in the morning or three? Yoongi surely wouldn't have enough time to rest, again and he wouldn't get to finish his assignment either but none of that bothered him.

The delirium within him had now morphed into a state of equilibrium, Yoongi only found himself staring at the newly written lines with no thoughts in his head, until he heard a small voice.

"H-hyung, are you okay up there?

Jimin. Yoongi knew already still he peered his head from above to see the boy standing there in his sleeping pajamas, hair askew to every direction and eyes wide.

Even in the low light Yoongi could see Jimin visibly gulp. "I was here all the time, but I did not know how to approach you when you were crying, I..., I think you were. Are you alright, hyung?"

Yoongi couldn't say anything in reply, he could hear the hesitation in Jimin's voice and he asked himself how uncomfortable it might had been for the lad.

To his surprise, Jimin spoke again, "Will it be okay if I come up there?"

Yoongi stayed silent, and Jimin started climbing up his bunk bed after a second of waiting down there. In no time, Jimin was situated beside him. First the younger boy gave him a quick glance then stared away. Yoongi made space for him, the small bed was always too big for Yoongi anyway.