6: The Not-So Very Merry Christmas

Location: unknown

3rd person POV

Alex woke up the next morning, her head throbbing as she paid the price for the absurd amount of alcohol she had drank the night before.

It took her a moment to compose herself before she sat up and immediately knew something was wrong.

Alex wasn't in her bed.

In fact, she had no clue where she was.

She looked around the room. She was nowhere that she had ever been. While it was indeed a bedroom, it wasn't hers. The walls, along with most of the furniture in the room, were a dark shade of cherry red; Alex decided that it resembled the color of her hair quite well.

There were no windows, as though her taker had the notion that she may try to escape.

Alex tried her best to remember the night before, but after downing glass after glass of wine, everything was black from noon of yesterday to her waking up just now.

The last thing she could remember was lashing out at Kara.

Once she realized this, guilt washed over her as she remembered how the conversation played out. Kara had only wanted to help, after all, she's Kara. She was just worried about her sister, and she made it seem as though she never wanted to see her face again.

That's probably what Kara thinks, she thought.

Before she could delve further into yesterday's events, she heard the creaking of a door, and she instinctively reached to her side, where her gun would usually be, but as she continued to pat her hip, she felt nothing there.

"Wakey, wakey," A voice said from behind the door.

Alex's head shot over to where a man in a completely black suit walked out from behind the door.

"Ah, I guess you beat me to it! I would've thought all that drinking from last night would've put you out for a bit longer." He said.

"Oh, and Merry Christmas!" The man had curly hair, though he seemed to have tamed it with some hair gel, and he had one of those classic I'm-up-to-no-good smirks plastered on his face.

He looked so familiar, but Alex couldn't seem to put her finger on who he was.

Maybe he went to the same high school as her, or maybe he was an alien that Supergirl had fought before.

"Where am I? Who are you?" She asked, the first question coming out as a demand, whereas the second sounded more like a whisper, though not in a scared manner, but more in a confused manner.

"Oh, yes, Alex, I am so sorry, I haven't properly introduced myself, well, at least while you were conscious."

If Alex wasn't sure before (which, she had been from the moment he walked into the room,) she was now 110% positive that this man was the one who had kidnapped her.

"You see, I'm a man of many names, but here's all you need to know."

By then, he had already made his way to the bed, where Alex was still sitting, trying to connect the puzzle pieces of this mess. He sat down next to her, crossing one of his legs over the other and placing one of his hands on her knee. She flinched away at first, but then realized that she had no clue what kind of power this man held, so she decided to stay put until she could figure out whether escaping, or even disrespecting him, was worth facing his wrath.

"My name is Surge. I'm here because I'm on a mission, and I'm going to need your help."

-

Location: The D.E.O.