3: The Downfall of West-Allen

We stayed at the D.E.O. for a few more hours, while Alex and I explained everything to Barry. Of course, he wasn't necessarily happy that he was once again locked on Earth-38, but he wasn't surprised either. Around 7 or 8, after Alex ran a few more tests, she gave him the option to leave, and I immediately told him that he could come home with me if he didn't want to stay there. Barry being Barry, he didn't want to be what he referred to as a "pest". After a good bit of convincing, however, he finally, though reluctantly agreed.

We had just gotten home and were sitting on the couch. I had put a pizza in the oven, so until it was finished cooking, Barry and I were catching up on everything that had happened since our last team up.

"So, let me get this straight," Barry began as I stared at him, smiling after I had explained everything that had happened to me over the past year.

"After you stopped your Kryptonian "Big-Bad", Reign with Black Kryptonite, or Harun El, you created a doppelganger of yourself that somehow made its way to Kaznia, but the only memory it had was your sisters name, Alex, and your cousins worst enemy, Lex Luthor, tricked her into doing bad things by convincing her that he was Alex. Long story short, she got you framed for terrorizing the White House, before realizing that Lex was using her and in the end, sacrificed herself to save you." Barry summarized before taking in a large breath.

I nodded, giggling at his effort to recite everything that I had just said.

"It's weird, I know," I smiled, setting my glass of wine down on the coffee table.

There was a short pause of silence.

"Enough about me, though, how are things on Earth-1? How are you and Iris?" I asked him. He choked on his drink. "Wow, has it really been that long since we've seen each other?" He replied. I tilted my head and lifted an eyebrow.

He sighed. "6 months or so after the John Deegan incident, Iris and I got a divorce."

My face went blank.

"Oh, Rao, I am SO sorry that I asked you about that-" I began before he set his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, it's completely fine. You didn't know, and you were going to have to find out eventually," He reassured me.

"Can I ask what happened?" I tried to ask the question with as much sincerity as possible. He gave a slight nod.

"I'm not even entirely sure what happened. I was at CCPD, looking through some case files. At the time, we were fighting this guy, Cisco called him "Surge". Somehow, he figured out who I was and targeted everyone I loved, including Iris, so she was working on one of her stories at the loft instead of her office. I came home that day and she had left, leaving a note on the counter... next to it was her ring. She filed for divorce a week later." He sat his head on the back of the couch.

It suddenly got painfully quiet. I sat my hand over his, stroking it with my thumb, and we just sat like that for what was probably at least 5 minutes. We both jumped out of position, however, when the oven beeped, shaking us back to reality.

"I should uh... probably go get that," I said, using my thumb to point at the oven over my shoulder. "Yeah, you probably should," He chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

Barry's POV

Wow. I cannot believe that just happened. I swear that was the most intimate experience I've ever had. I mean, of course I've had sex, but I've just never felt the way that I did in those few minutes. It was... warm... and sort of fluffy...

I wasn't sure how to react after what had happened, so I was quite thankful for the buzzing of the oven, which gave a perfect escape from it.

Kara quickly stood up and walked into the kitchen. She opened the door to the oven and, not needing gloves, pulled the pizza out, setting it on the stove.

She was just too short to reach the cabinets above the counter. I watched and let out a small laugh as I saw her feet being to hover a bit off the ground, enough to grab two plates from the wooden cabinet.

"What?" She asked, hearing my laugh. "Nothing, it's just..." I paused, trying to put my finger on exactly what it was I was trying to say.

"Just...?" She repeated, waiting for me to finish what I was saying as she put a few slices on each plate.

"I guess it's just crazy that to the outside world, you're a cute blonde girl who likes pizza and pot-stickers, yet to your friends, you're Supergirl, the most powerful being in the multiverse. As Supergirl, you get to the bottom of every villain's evil plan, and as Kara Danvers, you expose them in your articles."

I was expecting her to say something about how she agreed that it was quite ironic, but instead, she held onto one detail I mentioned, in order to tease me about it.

"You think I'm cute?" She asked, cheekily smiling as she brought the two plates back to the couch.

"N-no, I didn't mean it that way-" I swear I could feel the heat in my cheeks as I took the plate she handed me.

"Relax, I'm just joking!" She stopped me.

I took a minute to think about whether I was when I said that.

Kara's POV

Let's just say that in about 5 minutes, we had downed the entire pizza.

"You know, the only other worthy competitor I have for devouring a whole pizza is Alex." I said.

"I can imagine that," He chuckled.

The clock said 11:30.

"It's getting kinda late, we should probably head to bed," I started, before realizing that that lead us to the million dollar question: who would be sleeping where?

"I'll sleep on the couch," Barry claimed.

"No, Barry, you're my guest, you can sleep in the bed," Before I could continue convincing him, he had managed to use his remaining speed to run me into the bedroom.

I sighed.

"Goodnight Barry," I shouted to the living room.

"Goodnight Kara," He reciprocated.

After I had changed into my pajamas, and lended Barry a t-shirt and some pajama pants that used to belong to Mon-El, I found myself in the bed, staring at the ceiling with one thought in mind.

What now?

-
For starters, I changed the book cover, I hope it's... enjoyable... I guess?
I hope you guys liked this chapter! It was kind of hard trying to figure out how to write Iris out of the equation, while subtly hinting at the possibility of Barry and Kara having hidden feelings for each other.
If you want, you can check out my Glee fan account on Instagram. My username is blainewarblee . I post edits there.

                                     -Laney