Flashback

OMG 76 READS!!!! Happy dance around the room!!! And yet anouther vote! Puts on music!!! Thnx SO much guys! In this chapter, Hans is back! Enjoy!

***

"Teddy, Hans is dead. You cannot have Hans." Damien told me, his look confused. So did Edward.

"yes, you're right, he IS dead," I giggled, happy. "But Lucy drained him, and therefore Hans is a Vampire!"

Damien suddenly realised what I meant, and then he fell to the ground. It shocked both me and Edward, but neither of us went to help him.

"so thats it, then? The boys not really dead, and now I can't have you? This is it," Damien shook. "and to think, all this time, I thought i could make you love me! I was so wrong," he shuttered.

"I guess... I guess this is it, Teddy. Ive no chance if he is back. I will take you to him. Edward, don't bother to stop me. You have no chance with her either. Hans is back."

I felt all happy and fluttery inside, but at the same time I felt sorry for Damien. He really had been trying. And now he'd given up. That was sad. He was broken.

"come on, Teddy."

"I just wanted to say," I began, as I felt bad. "you are right. You do own me. Therefore, I will stay with you at your mansion, Damien."

Damien nodded. "Just that, just the fact I will still be in the same building, I'll still be able to protect you, brings me hope. I love you, Teddy, and even if you dont love me, I will always think of you."

And then he took me away.

***

Hans

I was in a dark room, held up by chains and gasping for blood. I'd been there 25 days. And it sucked.

Lucy told me she kept me locked in here for my own good, and I wasn't allowed to see Catherine because I'd hurt her. It was horrible, and the worst thing was, Lucy had changed me. I was under Lucy's command. And the first thing she'd ordered me to do?

She'd ordered me to love her.

The part that sucked most about that was because i didn't ACTUALLY love her, my brain didn't want her, but my body did. And my body always won.

Lucy preferred me as a vampire to when I was human, too. She said I was better, and every day she'd let me have her blood. But she was a vampire. He blood wasn't fresh. Suddenly, there were voices outside.

"Lucy, where are you holding him?" Damien.

"Damien, seriously, he'll kill her." Lucy.

"but I want to see him, Lucy" Catherine.

My brain lashed out, wanting her, to hold her, but the only thing my body wanted from her was blood. Lots and lots of blood.

"CATHERINE!!!" I screamed, knocking the jars lining the walls of the cupboard on the floor, making an awful mess. "CATHERINE!!!"

"Hans?" I heard her voice say my name, and I became desperate. I wanted her blood.

"Hans! Damien, I think he's in the closet!"

My brain was saying no, don't look at me, but my body was saying yes, finally a fresh feed.

"Seriusly, guys, it's not a good idea - he's not himself at the moment-"

"Lucy, I know you want him, but do not fool yourself so."

The sound grew much quieter, and I knew Catherine could hear, but my vampire senses allowed me to continue eaves-dropping.

"Besides, they are made for eachother, and therefore I am sure he will not hurt her"

"he doesn't love her anymore! I used the serum, Damien! He loves me! And if you take that away from me, I swear I won't hesitate in killing her. Damien, why did you suddenly stop trying? You don't seem to want Teddy anymore,"

Damien's voice sounded sad and hurt, one that mimicked the way I used to sound when myself and Catherine were younger, and Catherine went off in a strop with me.

Flashback

"Catherine, are you following me?" I asked, as I heard a giggle behind me followed by a little squeak. Then a growl.

"How did you know?"

"you're too loud. It was easy to tell."

Catherine shoved her way out of the bushes, her face red and her hair tangled with leaves and branches. Her ivory dress was torn. It all I could do not to laugh.

"You swore."

"huh?"

"you said that I was the only one for you, and we'd get married one day and live in our little squirrel house, and we'd live happily-ever-after like Cinderella and Snow White, and Bell and Sleeping Beauty,"

I sighed.

"those were little kids games, Cat. Your 14 now. You're a big kid."

Catherine looked upset. "it was just a game? A lie to entertain me? I thought it was true, Hans. All of it. Even when you said the squirrels would make us King and Queen, and I'd get to wear pretty dresses like Sleeping Beauty, and go to the ball like Cinderella, and be beautiful like Snow White, and we'd be in love JUST like Bell and the Beast,"

I chuckled. "Oh, Cat. Tell you what - when I brake up with Sandra, I'll go out with you, OK?"

She looked up at me with gleaming eyes. "ARE you breaking up with Sandra?"

"these middle-school relationships never last," I told her.

"will OUR relationship not last?"

"Well..."

She turned on me, pouting. "it WON'T, will it? You don't think it will."

"you never know until you try," I told her. Suddenly, Sandra came round the corner.

"Hans! Come on! We're all waiting!" she called. I gave Catherine a little wave, and rushed off to catch her.

"I don't like that girl," Sandra muttered. "you keep going off with her, Hans. It's time to stop it. You're with ME, not her."

I pouted. "she's just a bird, really. She needs to grow her wings. She is not a fret to you, YET. I will let you worry when she learns to fly."

And as I looked over my shoulder, she waved, and ran quickly and gracefully off into the distance.

Ah, memories. One has to love the good ones. Anyway, back to Damien.

"She found out about Hans earlier, and ones she found out he was still alive there was no way of swerving her. You cannot meddle with true love, Lucy."

"Even if you give up, Damien, I will keep fighting. When she opens that door, she will see Hans. And when she finds him, I will order him to kill her."