He cleared his throat. "Alpha Titan will expect the most from all of you! Keep up appearances and be ready. I will see you all later!"

People chattered as they flooded out of the building. From the corner of my eye, I saw Steven watch me as I slipped into the stream of bodies. I kept myself hidden and made my way to my room in the packhouse.

I took it upon myself to wash my face and hands before continuing with the rest of my chores. There were only a few hours left, anyway.

***

I shut the cleaning cupboard with a sigh. I had hoped to finish two hours prior, but Sophie had caught me and demanded that I scrub her room from top to bottom in case the new pack saw. It was quite comical, considering she was already promised to Steven.

She caught me as I was finishing her hallway, her face immediately turning sour. "It's all your fault, you know."

"W-w-

"Don't what-what me. You know what you did. You purposely parade around like a slut and got the attention of the beta of Blood Moon when you spilt crap on him! I don't know why Steven insists on you being a server when you can't even talk." She laughed. "You are useless and pathetic. And now we all have to suffer because of you, as though your very being isn't enough torture for us."

My bottom lip wobbled, and I kept my eyes on her shoes. Was I really that useless?

"Oh what, gonna cry now? How pathetic, just like I said. Now go get out of my sight." She scoffed, opening her bedroom door.

I nodded furiously and turned to hurry away. However, in my haste, I missed her pointed foot and my reflexes were too slow. I came crashing down onto the wooden floors, my knees and jaw cracking on the hard floor. I could hear Sophie chuckling before her bedroom door shut behind me, leaving me in the hallway.

I laid there alone and cried, my body absolutely on fire with pain. I could feel blood pooling from my lip again and what felt like my nose. My vision swirled, and I had trouble bringing myself to my feet.

Damn floor. Damn wolves.

When I eventually stood, everything swam, and I wobbled my way down the stairs, clutching onto the bannister for support. I found my bedroom by heart and quickly locked the door behind me. Collapsing on my bed, I welcomed the darkness of the moon, finding solace in its soothing presence.

I cried once again, for the feeling of not being welcome always hit me hard. I longed for wellbeing, for safety beyond my bedroom walls. To not have to worry every time that I stuttered in fear of the repercussions. I longed for freedom, for no one to rule over me. I longed for my wolf and our heritage. A place in the pack.

With those thoughts in my mind, I dragged myself into my bathroom. Once again this month, I needed pain killers, yet this time I opted for the stronger ones. My vision was steady, but the pain had me cramping up and vomiting into the toilet two minutes later.

As I stood there, covered in blood and sick, I knew I had no choice but to shower. So, I reached out and turned on the water. I had to make do with lukewarm water for my shower, since they restricted omegas to how much hot water they could use.

Before I could strip off my clothes, a knock sounded at my door. I practically whimpered a sob.

"Y-yes?"

"Nova."

My body slumped in fear. He couldn't see me this way. He would get suspicious.

"Yes Alpha?"

"Nova, I came to tell you about tomorrow-do I smell blood?"

My heart clenched in fear. "N-n-

"Open this door." Steven demanded.