Wattpad Original
There are 70 more free parts

dance

verb ~ move rhythmically to music

NOVA

I took a deep breath as we entered the room. The doors stayed open behind us and the heat of the room hit my skin.

My arm stayed looped inside Sean's as I felt and noticed many eyes staring at us as we walked through the doorway. My nails dug into Sean's skin as the paranoia ate away at me. It wasn't too late; I could turn around and go. It wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I hardly knew anyone here, anyway.

Sean must've felt my emotions as he grabbed my hand that stayed curled around his forearm. "You got this. Just walk."

Walk?

Walk.

I can walk.

I swallowed and nodded my head as we walked deeper into the room. People were dancing to a slow song in the middle and you could tell who were the mated ones by how in sync they moved.

Sean led me through a few people, stopping occasionally to talk to people that called his name. Being a gamma, he held position over the others, so I chewed on my tongue to help the anxiety. I knew I had to be close to breaking the skin on his arm by now.

"Loving the change of scenery." A voice called from behind.

I rolled my eyes but turned to greet Beta Charlie. Being in a public setting, I bowed my head gently and waited for him to do the same.

"Thank you. Sean arranged the makeover." I smiled.

Charlie smirked at Sean before going back to look at me. "Molly's help, too, I assume."

"You're not wrong there." Sean rolled his eyes.

"The new hair looks great on you. Didn't realise you had ears," Charlie teased.

Scoffing, I narrowed my eyes playfully. "I do indeed."

"Your speech has come on wonderful, too." He took a drink of a dark liquid. "Like the stutter never existed."

I kept my face void of emotion as I answered. "It can flare up when I don't have control."

He hummed and finished his drink. "You guys want a drink? Come, I'll hook you up."

Hook us up? Was Charlie drunk?

Sean agreed anyway. We followed Charlie to the back of the room, where a large bar stood in one corner. I stood quietly whilst they ordered. I was too busy admiring the floor-to-ceiling windows and golden furnishings to pay attention. The windows were encased in a cream frame with gold-encrusted patterns engraved into the wood. The ceiling must've been thirty feet high, and large chandeliers dazzled every two metres.

It was luxury, and I knew it was real gold, too.

"For you, Nova?" Charlie wondered. "A wine?"

Alcohol was something I was learning about, but I know what I liked. "I'll have the same as Sean. Just a half glass."

Charlie raised an eyebrow. "A lager? You want a lager?"

I copied his actions. "Problem with that?"

He grinned and shook his head, turning to change the order. It didn't take long for them to be handed over; being high-ranked had its benefits. Hardly frothy and ice-cold, how I liked it.

I hummed as I took the first swig, swallowing down the initial tastebud explosion.

"This is nice."

Sean nodded, drinking at least half of his in one go. He licked his lips and let out a quiet burp that had me rolling my eyes. He grinned and thanked Charlie for the drinks before leading me to the other side of the room. The beta didn't even react, too busy in conversation with the bartender.