- Chapter 4, You're Trouble -

Start from the beginning

You nod, acknowledging you will be attending, but you didn't fully agree with her statement. Jungkook was just being friendly. He was obligated to invite you after your lunch and after you had just been out with the group the night before. It wasn't that he necessarily enjoyed having you around, you thought. Rather he was being cordial, and you all knew you had to be friends in the long run if you wanted all your businesses to stay successful in the future.

You let out a breath, standing up, not wanting your mother to make any further comments about Jungkook. "Welp, I guess I'm going to start preparing for the get-together soon. Take it easy, mom," you joke, slightly picking at her hangover, and hand her the water from in front of her. She gives you an annoyed smile, directing her attention to the drama on the television.

You walk up to your room, beginning to sort through the options of clothing you have. Hearing a ding from your phone, your nerves spike, wondering if that could be Jungkook texting you. Your stomach sinks a little, noticing it wasn't Jungkook. However, you had completely forgotten you and Jenny had exchanged numbers until this text.

Maybe: Jenny

This is Jennnnyyyy! I heard from a little birdy that you may be making an appearance tonight. Please send pics of your outfit ideas, you're too stylish and I need inspo.

You chuckle, trying on a few dresses and sending her mirror selfies in the ones that you felt were the best.

To: Jenny

Here's your inspo!! Not exactly sure what I'm wearing yet, but I won't disappoint. See you later, Jenny! I wanna hear all about Victor btw.

From: Jenny

Omg, incredible. Jaw dropping. Can't wait to see what you decide, and as of now, I feel a bit more confident in my choice for tonight. I think you'd approve. See you there!!

You smile, feeling grateful that you were slowly becoming close to your old friend again. She always brought out a wild side in you, something that you usually held back. She was fun and carefree, while you analyzed almost everything. You were two opposites that were perfect for each other, always grounding each other when you were younger. You almost wish you could have followed her when she was studying abroad, maybe she wouldn't have had such bad publicity.

You laid on your bed, knowing you still had plenty of time before the party. Feeling slightly winded from squeezing into so many dresses to show Jenny. You lulled into a quiet sleep, feeling tired from your workout and dwindling hangover.

You were woken up by the buzzing of your phone. Immediately panicking, worried about time, you shot up to answer it. It was Jungkook calling, you panicked, not even checking the time before answering. Clearing your throat, you spoke a soft "hello," into the phone.

"Y/N," Jungkook chimed on the other side of the line, "I was just wondering if I could pay you back for the ride you gave me earlier. I owe you, and I'd love to pick you up in half an hour for the party. You pull the phone away from your face, eyes widening in shock as you realized you slept for way too long.

You try to remain calm, already leaping out of bed, rushing towards your vanity. "Yes, of course, Jungkook. That would be great, I'll text you my address... just please give me a heads-up when you're about fifteen minutes away, I'd hate to keep you waiting."

You can hear him smack his lips, "I don't mind waiting for you, but yes I'll let you know. See you soon."

"See you soon, Jungkook," you say, ending the call and feverishly beginning your hair and makeup. You decide on loosely curling your hair, as you can do that speedily nowadays, and it looks presentable. You don't waste any time, immediately beginning on your makeup, putting a light base of foundation on. You keep it natural and sultry, once again a look you can do quickly, you could probably even do it in your sleep. The key to making it look like you tried was your signature lipstick. The same rouge color you wore last night. This time you didn't put it on as heavily, but just softly painted your lips with the color, making them look love bitten.