- Chapter 4, You're Trouble -

You pulled into the driveway of your home, sighing as you pulled your keys out of the ignition. You spent the drive back pondering what it would be like to move into an apartment yourself. The thought popping into your mind after you had dropped off Jungkook at his own apartment complex.

You had lived with your parents your entire life, who were settled in a beautiful home in an affluent neighborhood barely within New York City. It wasn't downtown, but it was close enough for your father to drive to his office building daily. The neighborhood also offered great security, and families surrounding you lived similar lavish lifestyles.

The thought of posing the question of moving out to your parents made you nervous. You weren't worried about affording it, as your parents trust fund for you had paid off any college debt, and you had saved up enough money yourself anyways. However, you have never expressed wanting to move out to your parents ever before. You concluded to yourself this is a topic for later on, something you had to consider further. You got more excited the more you thought about having a place on your own. Immediately daydreaming of ways you'd decorate it. You like a chicer Parisian style. Not to disrespect your mother's decorating skills, but her style was a little too traditional, too eclectic for you at times.

Walking inside your home, you found your mother sound asleep on the couch, clearly still affected by her own hangover. She was wrapped up in a silk robe with a large glass of water sat on the coffee table in front of her. You chuckled, finding it funny to see your mom in such a state.

You gently woke her up, and she smiled upon seeing your face. Sitting down next to her, you lay your head on her lap, and she softly brushes through your hair.

"You had me worried last night, I didn't expect for you to come home so late," she chuckles, "I drank the night away myself."

You frown, feeling bad you had worried your mother. However, she reassures you with a soft smile, "don't worry, I knew you were safe... but, you can't help but worry as a mother most of the time."

You sit back up, smiling back at her. You were so lucky to have such a kindhearted mother, and you could basically talk to her about everything. You told her most of the details of the night, gossiping about those who attended the gala, and speaking briefly of the night out with Jenny and the boys. You didn't speak too much about the club to your mother, just simply telling her you had fun for the most part.

You two shared giggles, making fun of weird or awkward business partners of your father, until finally, your mother wanted to hear some gossip about the boys. "So, who do you find the cutest out of them all," your mother questions in a manner that made her seem like she was one of your fellow peers.

You blush and your mother immediately picks up on it, further egging you on to share. You sigh, breathing through a smile you couldn't contain, "well, actually, just after the gym I ran into Mr. Jeon's son. Jungkook. We actually grabbed lunch. He's quite cute and entertaining."

"I think you have a crush," your mother coos.

"I'm not sure if I'd put it like that, it sounds so childish in those words. You do know I am 23," you jokingly scrunch up your nose in disgust. "I'd say I'm more curious to be his friend rather than a partner."

Your mother hums, not wanting to push your buttons any further.

You continue, "however, I may or may not be attending a get together with those boys again tonight. Jungkook invited me after our little lunch."

This grabs your mother's attention, "how interesting, are you going to attend? He must enjoy having you around as well if you made sure to invite you that fast."