All Protagonists x Reader: The Good ol' Days

I opened the door, the squeak of its rusty hinges making me jump; just like the good ol' days. A warm gust of air swept me away, the sweet aroma of home embracing me, soothing me, filling me with the joy and tranquility of a life lived long ago, back in the good ol' days. The silent song of the family grew into a merry tune, hushing the bellowing and the cries of the sad song of the heart, reminding me of the good ol' days, where the nights were long and the smiles were longer.

A shout to my left, a cry to my right. Squeals to my six o' clock, sobs at twelve, all summoning my burning tears. I fell in darkness, and was caught by light. Their love, their loss, they brought me back from the fight. They brought me from Sandman's defeat, they brought me from fire. They brought me from pain and deadly imagination. They held on to me, they told me what to do, and they opened the doors, then they closed them too. Finally, after all that was done, I was there.

I was home.

"I missed you," sobbed Penni.

"You're back," Porker sighed.

"It's been too long, doll," spoke Noir, low and heavy.

"My God, you're okay!" cried Gwen, holding tears.

"Where were you?" Asked Miles, heart chipped, cracked, and blue.

"I can't believe y-" Peter choked on his words.

"I thought I lost you..." Peter B. sobbed hard that night.

"I know," I swallowed, "I can't tell you why, but I'm done being gone, I can't bear to see you cry.

"I'll step out again, but I'll always check in. I'll say my hellos and goodbyes while I'm in.  It may not be easy, but we'll just have to try to hold on to each other, I know we'll get by. All I ask is for your trust, despite what I've done. My sweet, my love, my life, I'll never let you go..."

"It'll be just like the good ol' days..."

Interpret this how you will. Be ready.