Chapter 7

Our lips met and we kissed for a few seconds. But I didn't feel anything. It was almost like I felt kissing one of my brothers would be like.

We pulled away and as I looked up I saw Sam staring at me across the fire. His face was blank and as he saw me he turned and walked away from the party.

I shrugged it off and turned back to my friends.

"There you go Lisa" I said.

Soon the party was over and everyone was beginning to leave. I hadn't seen Sam at all other than that glance after the kiss. As the four of us headed back to the car Ryan pulled me aside.

"Lily" he began. "About that kiss..."

"Yeah?" I said, hoping that he hadn't felt anything either.

"Well I don't want you to feel bad or anything because we have been friends for so long but I didn't really feel anything as more than a friend and I didn't want to let you think otherwise."

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank god. I was so worried you were going to have enjoyed it. I love you but only as a friend."

"Great, I didn't want things to be awkward between us just because of some little dare."

"Don't worry Ryan. We are all good" I said hugging him tightly.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The next few days passed by quickly, just normal school days, getting used to being back in school. Soon it was Friday.

I woke up early for some reason. I wasn't sure why. But I was sitting, perched on the edge of my bed, trying to decide what to do for the next hour.

I ended up just reading and soon Alice was texting me saying she was outside.

I ran out, hopping in the car.

"Yay I'm so glad it's friday" she squealed.

"Same. I hate the first week back to school. I need summer vacation to be here again."

"Hey. What ever happened with you and that kid who invited us to the party?" She asked.

"Oh Sam?"

"Yeahh"

"Oh well I haven't really talked to him since. I see him in class."

To be honest I didn't know what had happened. We hadn't done any more group work in class so I hadn't had to work with him but he had seemed so friendly on the first day that I thought he might have actually talked to me. But I guess I was right and he only invited me because he felt bad for making fun of me and Ryan.

"Oh ok, do you want to hangout this weekend?"

"Maybe. I just have to check to see if I have any plans that my brothers haven't bothered to tell me about." I said laughing.

We pulled up at school a few minutes before the bell and rushed inside. I headed off to English which was my first class of the day and my favorite. I loved getting lost in a book. The minute warning bell rang and I started walking faster, glancing down at my schedule to check which room number it was in again. I kept forgetting.

Suddenly I walked into something hard and dropped my paper. I looked up at Ryder.

"Watch where you are going" he spat.

"Sorry" I said

"Wait, are you Lily?"

"Um, yeah"

"Like the Lily in my physics class?"

"Yeah that's me. Why?"

"Just wondering. Sorry for bumping into you" He said, reaching down to get my schedule for me.