50: Everything's Legal when Cops aren't around

Start bij het begin

Paige threw the empty bag of pretzels in Stiles' backseat and met up with the two of them, "You know, he's gonna be pissed when he wakes up."

"Well, I'd rather him be pissed and restrained than out killing people."

"Fair point..."

"Stiles!" Jackson's voice carried from the transport vehicle, "McCall! I'm gonna kill you!"

Stiles rolled his eyes and glared at Paige, "Why does he think you're not involved?"

"I'm sure I'm involved by association." She offered and then they went home for that night.

Paige was the one that went to school instead of Stiles as he went to go check on Jackson. She was supposed to cover for Stiles since he wasn't at school, but at this point the teachers weren't shocked that he wasn't there. She told Stiles that she'd probably have to go get a phone by the end of the day because it was getting hard not being able to communicate with them.

"Hey, Paige-"

Turning around, she sent a smile over to Matt while trying to fix her backpack since she had put her sling and brace back on, "Hey, Matt."

"How's the arm?"

"Oh, uh, it's feeling better than it was before." Paige answered, which was technically the truth since it was better than when she first broke it. She shifted as he caught up with her pace, "Though, I wish I didn't have to wear this brace."

"I bet." Matt laughed and he scratched the back of his neck, "So, I tried texting you the other day-"

"Oh-" Paige gasps and whips her head over to him, "My phone, I... I kind of broke it. So, I'm sorry."

"Really? How?"

"That hit and run." She answers calmly, since it made more sense in the first place, "I was going to get a phone after school."

"Did you know that if you bring your broken phone, depending on your provider, they'll either fix it or give you a new one."

"Really?" Paige clicks her tongue since she didn't know what happened to her old phone, "Dang, I wish I knew that."

"Well, this is my stop." Matt nodded his head towards the classroom ahead of them, "See you later?"

"Yeah, see you later." She gave him a little wave with her free hand as he walked into his classroom.

"What did you and your little friends do?"

Paige flinched back at the sudden and abrupt appearance of her cousin, "What are you talking about?"

Christine rose a brow and saw her father turn down the hall towards Gerard's office, "You really don't listen to rumors, do you? That Whittemore kid is missing, and if my dad's here it means something supernatural is afoot- again. So, I must immediately assume this has something to do with you, Scott, and Biles."

"It's Stiles."

"Not my point."

"Wait, they know Jackson is missing?" Paige's eyes widen and she went to rush out but Christine grabbed onto her, "Hey-"

"Allison and Scott already took off." She says in a low voice with her brows pressed together, "You really wanna go and make it more obvious that you're all involved somehow? Jeez, think. You're a Mercier, you gotta be smarter than that."

"I'm also a Sommers, so I'm a lot nicer than you."

Christine snorted and crossed her arms over her chest, "Seriously? One, I'm a lot nicer than most of those hunters wanting to kill your friends. Two, should you really be using that name when you're not even talking to your Aunt?"