(REWRITE) Dragon Tamer|Raihan

Y/N was the new Champion, having defeated Leon after his ten year streak. She was well known for her Pokemon from the Crown Tundra, the strongest and most famous of which being her Nidoqueen.

Her Nidoqueen was famous for being an incredible Pokemon, with a focus sash, the move Counter, and a low defense, special defense, a sign speed for its species with abnormally high attack and special attack, making it a devastating opponent if you were to try and get it taken down in one shot.

And Raihan was absolutely enamored.

Sure, she was more often than not a thorn in his side, with how she would so often flaunt her victories in his face, or let him think he was about to win only for her Nidoqueen to use Dig and take his Pokemon out. But, truthfully, he was perfectly happy with letting her. Sure it would be nice to win and put her in her place, but the playful banter they always engaged in was enough for him.

"Miette, hold through and use Counter!"

Raihan watched as his Duraludon shot forwards a G-Max Depletion, only for her Nidoqueen who was still at almost full health to pull through on one HP, and then turn around and send it right back to his Duraludon at twice the power. The dual-type dragon couldn't take it, having already been weakened by her Walrein, King, who he had just managed to beat.

Not for the first time he decided that her victories over him wouldn't sting as much if she at least Dynamaxed at some point during their matches.

Her Nidoqueen looked impressed with herself, as if she didn't pulverize his Pokemon every other day. She turned to Raihan, a menacing glint in her eyes as always, but thankfully Y/N called her back to her side before the Pokemon could get any ideas.

"One of these days I will win, and wipe that smug look off your face," he said playfully. Y/N.

"I wouldn't be so confident if I were you," she said, inspecting her nails. "It'll only hurt worse when I beat you next time."

Raihan rolled his eyes, keeping his smirk on his face. To be completely honest, Y/N was easily the toughest Champion Galar had seen in a while. At least in Raihan's lifetime. Her team consisted of an Altaria, a Metagross, a Walrein, a Blaziken, and her signature Nidoqueen.

While she was one away from a full team of six and had no Gigantamax Pokemon, she was still powerful enough to plow through the gym challenge and destroy Leon, and so far defending her title seemed to be easier than breathing to her. She still hadn't ever used the strange gem on her choker, but she was constantly assuring everyone that one day she would when it was needed.

"I think we're ready for the tournament this week," Y/N said, giving her Nidoqueen a fistbump. Her partner Pokemon cried out in joy, ears flattening as she did so.

Raihan folded his arms behind his head, a look of nonchalance on his face. "Can't wait to beat you finally," he said. Suddenly a smirk came over his face. "I have a special tactic I'm gonna use. This time I'll beat you for sure."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, seemingly amused. "You're sure about that?" she asked.

He walked up to her, grabbing her wrist and pulling her so that they were chest-to-chest, able to feel the other's breath on their face. "More sure than I've ever been, love."

"Oh?" She twirled one of his hoodie strings on one of her fingers, ignoring her Nidoqueen who was glaring at Raihan. She looked up at him through her lashes and Raihan was sure that they were about to kiss, something he had wanted deep down since she had obliterated his team the first time.

As he leaned in she leaned in too, only for her to pull his hoodie strings tight and almost choke him. He pulled away in shock, leaving her to giggle. Her Nidoqueen snickered in the background, and Y/N walked away, blowing him a kiss over her shoulder.