Some Kind Of Wonderful - Raihan - Pt 2

Okay, this is a continuation of Childhood Friends because I read that again and I was listening to Some Kind Of Wonderful by Michael Bublé and I was hit by feels and I needed to do this don't blame me okay Michael Bublé gives me all sorts of feels. This is a songfic just btw.

-☆-☆-☆-

"All you have to do is touch my hand
To show me you understand
Unless something happens to me
That's some kind of wonderful"

Raihan was perfectly happy to just sit on his couch, pretending to scroll through his Instagram feed while he watched you out of the corner of his eye. He felt a little weird, trying to hide the fact that he was looking at you, but those feelings were quickly replaced by butterflies in his stomach for what felt like the hundredth time that day when you scooted closer to him, leaning your head on him in a friendly gesture, just as you constantly did ever since you both were little.

Her hand brushed against his, making his heart flutter, and she tore his hand away from his phone so that she could hold onto it.

It's not because she has feelings for you. It's because she feels more comfortable when she makes physical contact with someone she trusts, he reminded himself. He squeezed her hand, trying to comfort her with whatever was making her feel the need to grab his hand.

"Now every time our little world seems blue
I just have to look at you
And everything seems to be
Some kind of wonderful
Now I know I can't express

This feeling of tenderness
There's so much I wanna say
But right words don't come my way"

Y/N cuddled closer into his side, and he peeked over at her, worried that something was majorly upsetting her. Instead, he found her looking down at her phone with a soft smile, texting someone whose name he couldn't make out. The only thing he could really make out was the heart at the end of their name.

He heard you laugh when you got a new message, and he felt his heart shatter knowing that you had found someone else.

He tried to be happy for you. He wanted you to be happy, and it seemed like you had found someone who made you happy, so who was he to feel jealous? Sure, he would have preferred that he be the one to make you laugh like that, and make you smile that smile of yours that shined brighter than the lights in Wyndon- but he lost his chance. You were obviously in love. He wouldn't want to take that away.

"I only know when I'm in your embrace
And this world seems a better place
And something happens to me
And it's some kind of wonderful
And it's wonderful baby

It's wonderful
Oh yeah, so divine, mmm yeah"

You obviously must have sensed that something was wrong, because you wrapped your arms around him, your phone laying forgotten on the couch beside you in favor of comforting Raihan.

"Are you okay?" She asked him. "You look like you're upset about something..."

"Hm? Oh, no, I'm fine." He hated the fact that he made her worry, and he felt guilty for feeling at least a little happy at the thought that he seemed to be more important than whoever she was texting.