Adaman - Wild Side

"Come in," Adaman called, seeing the forms of multiple people casting shadows on his tent.

Two guards pushed their way inside, holding a young woman by her biceps. The woman struggled, her wrists tied tightly together, her ankles tied together with minimal space between them so she could walk. A third one carried a cat with them, the grass-type feline struggling to scratch everyone.

Adaman sighed, immediately recognizing the girl and her short-tempered partner.

"Y/N..." he sighed under his breath. "Leave us," he ordered the three guards. The guards all began to protest, but a look from their leader shut them up and sent them outside.

"Adaman," Y/N said stiffly, her Sprigatito calming down and curling up on Adaman's bed, hissing at his Leafeon before she did so.

"Y/N," Adaman said, sighing. "This is the third time you've broke into the camp this week. You know you can come in the normal way, right?"

"Where's the fun in that?" Y/N said, grinning.

Y/N was a strange woman. Having appeared in Hisui with nothing but the clothes on her back and her trusty Sprigatito, the Pearl Clan took her in. Adaman would have loved to let her join the Diamond Clan, but alas, Irida got to her first (which was not fair, by the way. They already have Ingo, and Jubilife Village has Dawn. It was the Diamon Clan's turn to take in some stranger without a backstory).

Adaman rolled his eyes at Y/N's response. He got up, walking over to her and taking the bindings off of her wrists, allowing her to take the rope off her ankles herself. She stood back up afterwards, smiling at him and making his heart skip a beat. He held out his hand, Y/N dropping the rope on top of it for the next time she was captured.

"Who were you?" It was the question Adaman always asked whenever the two found themselves alone together.

"Someone I wish I never was." It was the same answer she always gave.

Adaman sighed, going behind his desk again and beginning more paperwork. Y/N, meanwhile, went to his bed, flopping down next to Sprigatito.

Adaman tried to focus on his paperwork, but seeing Y/N stretch in his peripheral vision, her shirt riding up slightly, it made him blush. He wasn't sure why. He saw Irida's midriff whenever they saw each other, but for some reason seeing Y/N's was... different. It made him think shameful thoughts.

He went back to working, but hearing Y/N moan lightly in satisfaction brought his attention away again. He looked over to her, all snuggled up in his blankets. She looked almost peaceful with her eyes closed like that.

"Your bed is a lot more comfortable than mine, tell you what," Y/N said, her eyes still closed. "Might have to visit more often just to sleep here."

Adaman smiled slightly to himself. "Sure," he said.

"I can hear you smiling, you know."

"Yeah? And what's wrong with that?"

There was silence for a minute before Y/N responded. "I dunno. Just thought I'd point it out."

Her voice was sleepy, and when Adaman looked over she moved over so she was near the edge of the bed, leaving room for Adaman, which her Sprigatito immediately tried to take up, only for Y/N to pick her up and move her.

Adaman smiled and moved over to the bed, leaving his paperwork for the next day, and he crawled in the bed, laying down facing Y/N. Her eyes were closed, Adaman admiring her while sh couldn't see him.

"I can feel your eyes on me," Y/N said. Her eyes fluttered open, staring into Adaman's. "What's on your mind?" she asked.

"You," Adaman said. He reached out, brushing her hair away from her eyes.

"What about me?"

"The same thing that always on my mind about you," he said. "Where you came from, who you were, that kind of stuff."

Y/N sighed, sitting up. She looked away from him. "You know I can't tell you that," she said. "If it got out that I was here..."

"I know," Adaman told her softly. This was the most she'd told him of her past, and while he wanted her to continue, he wasn't going to push and risk scaring her off.

Y/N laid back down, looking Adaman in the eyes. "I wish I could tell you," she said. "I really do."

"But you can't. And I respect that."

"You're probably the first person who does." She huffed out a laugh. "The Pearl Clan... they're only interested in who I was. Not who I am. Every hour of every day, it's always them trying to get me to spill on what I was like, or where I'm from. It's tiring."

"You could come stay here," Adaman suggested. "With the Diamond Clan. With me."

"I can't just abandon them," Y/N argued. "They took me in, and no matter how annoying they are, I owe it to them to stay with them. Help them out, you know?"

"You don't owe anyone anything," Adaman told her. "They should have welcomed you in with no expectations-- if they didn't, then that's on them."

Y/N still looked unconvinced, so Adaman gave her a small smile and sat up. "Let me show you what the Diamond Clan has to offer," he told her, standing up and pulling her with him. She stumbled a bit, bumping into Adaman, but he didn't seem to mind.

-☆-☆-☆-

It felt great to be in the Diamond Clan. Everyone seemed so accepting and non-intrusive, it felt almost freeing.

It was exactly what Y/N and Sprigatito had been searching for when they left Paldea.

That night, Y/N didn't have to sneak in to see Adaman.

That night, she also left Sprigatito in her new tent, falling into bed with Adaman instead, sleeping peacefully.

Screams I don't like this very much but. It took forever to write this and I just wanted it done. You're free to imagine whatever you like happening after you left Sprigatito to go sleep with Adaman ;)

Next up: Adaman - Future Tense (yes another Adaman one)