Milo

Uhhhh OwO_The_Weeb requested Milo X Reader so here you are

Y/N rushed to the door, trying to get to it in a timely manner. She knew it was her mother, who she was supposed to be helping that day with the family farm. She vaulted herself over the back of the couch, and slammed into the door when she was unable to stop herself from sliding.

She opened the door, beginning her excuse as to why she hadn't shown up sooner as she bent down to grab her work boots, but when she glanced over to the door that she had left open, she saw none other than the Turffield Gym Leader, Milo.

She began tripping over her words, flustered at the fact that the gym leader of the nearby town had found her in such a state.

"Oh, uh, Milo, what- uh... what are you doing here?" she asked, pulling her boot on and pushing her hair back. "The Gym Challenge is about to start again, isn't it? Don't you need to get the Gym ready?"

"Oh! Well, uh, my Gym doesn't take much time to get set up, and your mom asked if I'd help with this year's harvest and such, so I came out here to help. I'm also gonna be taking a couple of the wooloo that'll be rotating back into the closer pasture, so I figured why not?"

"Oh, uh, c'mon then," Y/N said, snapping her fingers by her side so that her Boltund would follow them. Her partner pokemon was more than happy to oblige, jumping to his trainer's side and sticking by it. "Is that the only reason you came out here?" she teased.

He cleared his throat, pulling the brim of his straw hat down to that she couldn't see his reddened face. "W-well I also came out here to visit you!" he said. "You've only been gone for three years now, y'know, and when you finally did come back you didn't even stop by to say hi." He fixed his hat again, now less red.

She cringed a bit, feeling guilty. She had only come back home a couple days before, and she had been extremely tired from the near constant traveling between regions she had done. But still, Milo had been her friend for the longest time, and she hadn't taken the time to go see him once she came back.

The reason she had left in the first place came to the front of her mind, and she turned red and looked away, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that," she said, glancing over at him. "I really should have visited you once I got back."

"Hey, I was just teasing!" Milo said, trying to make her feel better when he thought he had upset her. "I know you were tired. I would have been, too, if I had been in your shoes. I'm surprised you didn't sleep longer, honestly! And it's really not a problem, as I was planning to come out even if you had visited me."

"Still, we really do need to catch up after this," she said, shrugging. "Maybe once all of the challengers are finished taking on your gym, yeah?"

"Yeah, that sounds great actually!" Milo seemed to brighten at her offer.

After agreeing on it, she pulled out a Great Ball, which contained her Kantonian Rapidash. She was only allowed to have it in Galar because it would be used purely for work, and it had also been proven to be virus-free in customs, so that it wouldn't be bringing any unknown diseases over.

She released her Rapidash, climbing onto his back and wrapping her fingers in it's flaming mane. Thankfully, the fire didn't burn her, since the Rapidash trusted and was used to her.

"Tell my mom that I'm heading out to the back pastures to start gathering the Wooloo and Dubwool back there for me, kay?" she asked, smiling at Milo who was hesitantly trying to touch her Rapidash. The poor boy nearly jumped out of his skin when the pokemon turned to look at him.