Carefully Niall took the lid off. As he did so the 8 sides of the box fell out. There were 8 different photos that the 2 had taken together over the past 3 weeks. I couldn't help but let out a gasp at how cute it was. Niall's smile reached his eyes as he looked over all the photos. There was another box on this inside, also an octagon shape. This time when he opened it there were short handwritten notes on the sides. I couldn't see what they said but by the look on Niall's face, they meant something. 

I was unable to stop smiling as I looked between the two. Niall grinning as he read the notes and Molly grinning at Niall as he read the notes. I looked over to Harry to find him already looking at me. He had a small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. I quickly looked away before he could notice the blush that had crept onto my cheeks. 

What the hell am I blushing for?

There was one last small box in Niall's gift. He lifted up the small lid from it. This time the sides didn't fall outwards. They stayed exactly where they were. Niall picked something up from the box. It looked like a guitar pick, but the look on his face wasn't one that had just seen a guitar pick. He showed a mixture of shock and awe. I had no idea what was happening until he looked up to Molly.

"I love you" She whispered. It took everything in me to hold in the gasp.

"You do?" He whispered back, still in what looked like shock.

"Mhm" Molly nodded. Before anyone could say anything else Niall had crashed his lips to Molly's before quickly pulling away.

"I love you too" He replied. I was unable to hold in my gasp any longer and I quickly smacked my hand to my mouth straight after. I shot my head towards Harry, expecting him to be just as happy as I was. Our best friends had just professed their love to each other. But Harry's expression was unreadable. I couldn't tell what he was feeling but it looked like he was thinking hard. I remembered Harry saying he didn't believe love existed. I wanted to know why but for some reason there was something stopping me from asking. I don't think I'd known Harry long enough to ask. It's like there was a barrier stopping me.

I quickly turned my attention back to Molly and Niall before anyone could notice I was staring.

"Do you wanna see it?" Molly asked me excitedly. I nodded my head enthusiastically and took the guitar pick from Niall. It wasn't a cheap plastic pick that you'd usually buy from a dollar store. Instead it was silver and had the words 'I love you Nialler' engraved into one side. I could feel my smile growing and I turned to Harry. Unsure of whether he would want to see it I hesitantly held it out for him. His eyes flickered over the words and he started twisting at his rings. He was twisting at his rings like I did to him. There was an awkward tension growing in the room and I handed it back to Niall.

"My turn" I said with a pat on my thighs, hoping to remove the tension. I got up from the couch but made my way to my room instead of the Christmas tree. I knew I couldn't sit it underneath the tree because everyone would know what it was straight away. I grabbed the guitar case with the guitar inside and brought it out to the living room. I suddenly found myself getting nervous over giving it to Harry. What if he didn't like the design? What if he didn't want it? Maybe this was a bad idea. I couldn't have chosen anything else and I decided on a guitar... that I designed. 

I sat down beside Harry again. Everyone had gone quiet and was staring at the guitar case in my hand.

"Lucky last" I breathed out before handing it to him. 

He slowly ran his fingers along the hard black case. His fingers traced all around the edge, clicking open every clasp they passed. 

Finally, Harry opened the case slowly. His eyes lit up as he carefully took the guitar from the case. Once again he ran his fingers across the smooth and self designed guitar. 

The guitar was black with a white rim around it. There were circle like stars and a small moon close to the waist of the guitar. There was also a decent sized blue wolf below the bridge of the guitar with a cactus either side of it. One cactus was blue with a purple stripe and the other was purple with a blue stripe. The rosette of the guitar was a purple that faded as it got closer to the sound hole.

"Did- did you design this?" He asked me. I could hear the shock in his voice and all the negative questions came rushing back in.

"Yes, but if you don't like it I can easily take it back. I'm sure Michael wouldn't mind to put it up in the store. I won't be offended if you don't like it. It wasn't-"

"Emily! It's... incredible" He said. I felt my shoulders relax. His eyes flickered back down over every detail on this guitar. His fingers ran up and down the strings

Molly and Niall had gone out for dinner, leaving Harry and I alone. As soon as they left Harry took the chance to grab out his guitar that he'd desperately been wanting to play the whole day.

His fingers plucked at the strings and rested my head against the couch back, closing my eyes while I listened to the beautiful sound. 

Suddenly Harry stopped playing. I looked at him confusedly about to ask him why he stopped but he spoke before me.

"I have something for you" He said in realization as he shot up from the couch.

"For me? Why?"

He rushed over to the Christmas tree, ignoring my question. He came back to sit beside me, legs crossed as he faced me. He handed me a very small box.

"Harry! You weren't supposed to get me something. I wasn't your secret santa" I told him. He placed the box in my hands.

"This has nothing to do with secret santa. I just saw it and thought of you" He shrugged. I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips. Carefully I opened the box. Inside was a gold ring with stars and a moon engraved in it. There were a few scratches but that made it 10 times better. 

I looked up at Harry, half in disbelief and half in awe. He had a small smile plastered to his face.

"I passed a vintage jewelry store when I was looking for Molly's present the other day. I went in and this kind of just stood out" Harry explained. I looked back down to the ring. Without hesitation I slipped the ring onto my right middle finger. It was the exact right size and looked perfect. I sat there admiring it before looking back up at Harry.

"Harry!" I jumped forward and flung my arms around his neck, nearly knocking his guitar in the process. Harry placed the guitar on the ground carefully before bringing his hands to wrap around my waist. "Thank you" I whispered.

"Anything for you" He whispered back. My stomach fluttered at his words and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. He sounded like he really meant it.

Chapter fourteen completed :) I don't have much to do today so I might even be able to squeeze in another chapter!