𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕪 𝕠𝕟𝕖

Start from the beginning

A light, feathery laugh from beside him flooded Yoongi's ears, as if an angel itself was singing a soothing melody to him down from heaven.

But alas, it was just Chaeyoung, who really did seem like some fantasize creature of some sort, too ethereal to belong to the cruel species that was human.

"I'm good at observing, you could say," she reasoned with a teasing tone, Yoongi just shaking his head side to side before looking again at her expectantly as if waiting for her to say something.

And thankfully, she did.

"It's Hoseok, right?"

Yoongi's breath faltered at the mention of the name, cheeks heating up almost instinctively at this point whenever that beautiful and flawless name was spoken in a classroom or within a nearby conversation that he so happened to pick up on.

Even if these were just subtle reactions, Chaeyoung didn't miss them.

Nor did she miss the way the two talked to each other during lunch, or how they 'accidentally' bumped into each other in between class periods just as an excuse to talk to one another before separated once again.

Gulping down his nervousness that was starting to build up, Yoongi just meekly nodded in return knowing he couldn't lie straight to her face. And even if he did, Chaeyoung was far from stupid and would know right away if he wasn't telling the truth.

Both were well aware of that.

With words ready to be rolled off the tip of her tongue, Chaeyoung was taken by surprise when Yoongi has already beat her to it.

"I like him, Chae," he sheepishly admitted, eyes not tearing away from hers as he searched for any sign of consolation in her big brown pools of melted chocolate, not missing how innocent they made her whole appearance look.

Hearing this, something inside Chaeyoung fluttered.

Possibly the fact that Yoongi was finally coming clear with his feelings, and found enough trust in her to tell her without being pushed or guilt tripped into it, especially since the two had only just met in late October.

Perhaps the two really were platonic soulmates, destined to become friends as if they've known each other their entire lives. There was just something so strangely familiar about both of them, but neither could put a finger on what it was exactly.

Shifting her gaze from Yoongi to her fingers, which she fumbled with absentmindedly as a way to ease herself more into the conversation, she plainly said, "I thought so."

Yoongi widened his eyes at this, his expression quite contrasted from Chaeyoung's more playful and cheerful one.

"H-how-?"

"C'monnn," she playfully sighed, lightly slapping Yoongi's knee just to bring him to his senses, "I can see how you guys look at each other like you've just won the lottery or something," she chuckled, bringing her focus back to the serious topic, "but, not to scare you or anything, but it's kinda obvious. Not like super duper obvious, but just how you act around each other is adorable."

"Is it really?" Yoongi winced, not wanting to hear the truth yet a part of him needing to desperately know if he's just been embarrassing himself this entire time.

Chaeyoung shook her hand from side to side at the question, "Eh, probably not to people outside our friend group. I wouldn't worry about it though, cuz everyone would probably be really happy if anything," she reassured, calming Yoongi's nerves down by just a tad.

"Do you think the others know?" He asked, biting down on his bottom lip as he waited for the crashing truth.

"Have you told them?"