Instilled Fear

I could've groaned as the hot water pelted my skin.

Could've... Who am I kidding? I straight up moaned as the steamy water burned my skin.

I woke myself up mid-snore this morning, feeling refreshed and absolutely comfortable. The silk sheets of the comforter encased me, making it hard for me to want to get out of the soft bed. That was until I remembered the hot shower.

To my surprise, shampoos, conditioners, and soaps filled the closet of the bathroom, along with fluffy towels and many other toiletries... I grabbed the best smelling shampoo and conditioner, a vanilla and cherry blossom smell along with a soap that smelled of roses.

I scrubbed my head with the amazing smelling shampoo and conditioner, working every strand of hair with the soap. After my hair was thoroughly washed, I covered every inch of my skin with the rose body soap... twice. The hot stream pouring down on my skin washed the soap away with no troubles, the sight mesmerizing.

And for the first time in years, I used the razor that was supplied in the closet, shaving every inch of my skin.

By the time I was ready to get out of the shower, my skin was an angry red and fog filled the huge bathroom. But a stupid smile split my face, something I couldn't help.

I drug my hand across the mirror, attempting to clear the fog coating it, but it did little.

I wrapped a towel around me and another around my hair before I left the bathroom, in search of clothes.

No noise could be heard around the house, Harper still asleep.

I padded my way through the living room and into my room, before shutting the door and opening the black colored wardrobe.

Instantly my smile dropped as I saw the dresses hanging on hooks inside the wardrobe. Horrid dresses. I shut the wardrobe and turned to my new clothes that I'd bought yesterday.

I pulled on the matching black underwear and bra, before shimmying into the tight black leather pants. Next, I buttoned up the black and white plaid shirt, a rare shirt nowadays. Concluding my usual dark look, I slid on black stiletto high heel ankle boots that were supplied in the wardrobe.

If I'm going to deal with castle folk, I might as well look good doing it. I justified the heels with myself, since they were something I couldn't wear while out in the wilds. But I'm not in the wilds... I'm in something worse... A castle.

Taking my hair out of the towel, I used a new brush that had been in the bathroom and brushed out my hair. The bristles were gentle as they pulled apart the knots in my hair, doing an amazing job at taming my mane of hair.

I could definitely get used to Castle Life. I smirked, deciding to leave my hair down.

"Ivy?" A small, sleep-coated, voice pulled me from my thoughts.

I opened the door to my room to find Harper rubbing her eyes while stumbling across the living room.

"Good morning, Buckaroo." I smiled at her.

Relief flooded Harper's eyes as she suddenly sprinted towards me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "Oh thank goodness, I thought it was all a dream."

I pat Harper's head as she hugged me tightly. "How about you shower, while I run down and get us breakfast?" I asked. Harper pulled away and rapidly nodded her head.

"Alrighty then." I led Harper to her room and opened her wardrobe. I was shocked to see little girl's dresses filling the closet. How did they-?