23: Happily Ever After

Start from the beginning

"Dex do you still smell her? Is she still here?" I let him come to the forefront.

"No. Her scent is here, but it's not fresh. I smell something else though. Shift." I did as Dex asked, and he set to sniffing the room. "I smell chemicals. Like chloroform, and I smell someone familiar. Someone with a sweet flowery scent. Oh no. Jessica."

"What is her scent doing here. She is supposed to be locked up." I mind-linked Gabe to meet me in Izza's room.

Gabe walked in like he owned the place until he took in the room and saw me in wolf form.

"What did you do Alpha?" I walk into my mate missing and this asshole is accusing me. I may not have been the perfect mate, but I have never hurt her.

"What did I do? I had to go take care of the Pack and then I returned to this. I returned to my mate gone and the scent of Jessica in her room. Why would Jessica's scent be here?"

"I'm so sorry Alpha. They brought her in last night. She had slit her wrists and nearly died." He wears a pained look on his face. I need to remember that while he cares about Izza, he is still a doctor and needs to take care of those in need. Fuck that. Where is my mate?

"Why wasn't I told before I brought my mate here?" I nearly howl the words out. I will kill anyone and everyone involved in this.

"I'm sorry I wasn't thinking about it. I was only trying to save the poor girl's life."

"I need you to come with me. We have to find Izza. Her water broke, so she is in active labor now. We need to find her. We need to protect our Luna." I want to break down and cry, but I have no time for it Izza is in trouble.

I mind-linked Jax and told him what had happened. I opened the Pack's mind-link and told them, "Our Luna is in trouble. She was taken and is in labor. I want every pack member and able Elder looking for her. Be mindful of the storm, but she needs us." I closed the link before anyone could question me. Doc Gabe was sitting astride his motorcycle with his medical gear strapped to the back. "Gonna get wet Doc." He just shrugged.

On that note, I took off. Following first Jessica's scent to the back of the clinic. It looks like she stole someone's car. Dex sniffed the spot where the car was for a long time until he was sure he could tell it from every other car in the world, then he took off following the car's scent. Gabe stayed behind me as we made our way. Dex had to stop several times to find the scent again as it was lost at intersections and crossroads. We were heading away from the population, which made sense since Jessica seems to be trying to get away. It also made it easier to keep track of her car. It took hours before I started to get a clearer scent.

That's when I saw the car. We were still about a half-mile away, but I could see the car in the distance and it was rammed hard into a tree. "Izza! She can't be dead, she has to be okay." Dex screamed in my head.

I made it to the car and was almost sick at the site that I saw. Jessica was dead. The car was a smashed wreck. But where was Izza? Dex picked up her scent, it was taking us towards the shifting station. I can't believe she was able to walk away from that crash much less make it to the station. As I sprinted closer I could hear her screams of pain. That almost broke me, but I had to keep pushing until I was with her.

I found her in the first stall. Her head had blood running down it. Her face showed intense pain. She was in active labor, and she was trying to push out our first girl. Her breathing was rapid as she cried out again. I ran to her. She looked at me as if she was dreaming that I was here. I took her in my arms and laid her back with me. Holding her up for support as they taught us in birthing classes.

Gabe came in right behind me and was between her legs checking out the situation. I couldn't want to kill him now, I needed him. Izza needed him.

"Push Izza." He yelled. Trying to get her to focus on him and what she needed to do.