Chapter 20: LESSONS LEARNED

Start from the beginning

He then pulls up a picture on his scroll that showed a young Dante with a terrible punk-style Mohawk and an unamused expression, and next to him was Summer holding her stomach and dying of laughter.

Dean: (laughs and falls on the floor) that's so silly! That's so stupid!

Ruby: so, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?

Qrow: nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.

Yang: (scoffs) cool for an old guy.

Qrow: (mad) not funny.

Ruby: so, what are you doing here anyway? I thought Dad said that you would be on a mission, for like... ever.

Qrow: well, a professional Huntsman like myself is expected to get results, as soon as possible.

Ruby: yeeeeaaaah, I get that. (Laughs) we're pretty much pros, too.

Qrow: oh, really?

Yang: psch, yeah! Read the news sometime. We totally saved Vale while you were gone.

Qrow: funny, because I heard Vale suffered a Grimm attack after you almost managed to stop a train. But they don't give out medals for almost.

Ruby: (resolutely) they do, and it's called silver!

Yang: well, we helped take down Roman Torchwick! He's locked up in Ironwood's ship and crime's been down ever since! That's basically a bounty mission!

Dean: Roman's nothing more but a pawn. The real masterminds are still out there, and they're getting ready for something much bigger than what happened.

Qrow: now you're thinking like a huntsman, Dean. You girls on the other hand, aren't. You really think four girls and their friends could end all crime in a Kingdom?

Ruby: I mean, I did until you said that...

Qrow: (serious) violence hasn't dropped since Roman got nabbed; it's stopped, completely. No White Fang activity anywhere around the city. You cut off the head of the King Taijitu, but now the second head 's calling the shots. That's what Ironwood can't get through that thick metal head of his.

Yang: you... know the general?

Qrow: (back to his usual joking demeanor) hey, I know everybody to some extent. Remember, you're talking to a member of the coolest team that graduated Beacon!

He pulls out another photo of his team. When teams are formed, they all gather for a group with their members for their school and to share with one another. In Qrow's was himself, Summer Rose, Taiyang Xiao Long, and Raven Branwen. Yang's eyes widen and Qrow sighs in remembrance.

Qrow: hah, Team STRQ... That's where I met your parents. We were pretty well known back in the day.

Ruby: well known for crummy fashion sense!