Chapter 20: LESSONS LEARNED

Começar do início

Winter: don't be ridiculous. Every Schnee has the ability to summon. We have for generations.

Weiss: I've tried! It's just... it's the one thing I've been having trouble with!

Vali: what exactly is 'summoning?'

Winter: we Schnees are unique. Unlike many, our Semblance is hereditary. But that doesn't mean it will come easily. (Shows a small glyph over he palm) your Semblance is like a muscle. The more you practice with it, the stronger it will become. But if you only focus on one aspect of it...

The glyph expands suddenly in a bright flash, causing Weiss to turn away before looking back up in awe at the white-and-blue Beowolf now at her sister's side

Winter: if you fail to test the limits of what you think is possible, then you'll never truly grow.

Vali: interesting...

*DEAN*

In RWBY's dorm, they were playing a video game with their scrolls.

Ruby: you'll never beat me, old man!

Qrow: you're nothing but talk, kid!

Yang: you can do it, Ruby!

Dean: it's gonna be close!

The video game Ruby and Qrow are playing is shown just as one of the pixelated ninjas decapitates the other, with the announcer saying "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!" Qrow grins at his victory as Ruby lowers her head in shame.

Yang: (whispers) ouch.

Qrow: and by the way, don't ever call me old.

Dean: of course not...apparently you're Deadweight.

Qrow: don't you start. I already have to deal with Archer's shit.

Yang: (pushes Ruby aside and grabs the controller) my turn!

Qrow: (starts a new game) now, where was I?

Ruby: you were telling us about your last mission!

Qrow: right, right... (flashbacks to it) I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.

Ruby; what were you doing there?

Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less-than reputable people for less-than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened.

Yang: what happened?

Qrow: I was defeated... by the mere sight... of the innkeeper's skirt length!

The vision of pink hearts, a beautiful maid with slightly-skimpy clothing, and the very happy Qrow is interrupted by a thrown dog-head pillow, which Qrow deftly catches much to Yang's ire (not helped by the game announcer calling out once more "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!").

Yang: you are the worst!

Dean, Ruby and Qrow: (laugh at Yang's anger)

Qrow: best two out of three? And if you think I'm bad, you should've seen Dante.

Dean: you knew Dante?

Qrow: yep. He and I were drinking buddies back in the day. And, my team and I have helped him on some of his jobs during the early days of Devil May Cry. Did Lady or Trish showed you his haircut?

Dean: no.

Qrow: (laughs) it was so horrible and hilarious. He and Summer had a bet when they were given a job dealing with a Grimm an demon situation. The bet was if Dante killed the most of them, he'd go on a date with her. And if she won, she'd give him a haircut and take a picture of it.