𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕪

Start from the beginning

There were only two tests that day, and Yoongi can still remember the stress from them vividly. His heart rate picked up just at the simple thought of it, just like how it was in the actual day of the tests as this mild queasiness formed in the pit of his stomach.

Though that soon diminished when he caught Hoseok's gaze just at the end of the hallway where the rest of his friend group was waiting for him, since they all planned to talk against the lockers before going home for old times sake.

Back to that testing day, when Yoongi arrived at home from his usual half an hour train ride from school, his mother instantly ushered him to sit down as well as his brother, Geum-jae, and father as well. He raised an eyebrow at this, since his mother never really called for a family meeting unless it was something extremely important and worth-knowing.

"Your aunts invited us all over next Saturday for an early Christmas get together, so make sure you have nice outfits on just so you guys don't embarrass me," she joked, not forgetting to send stern glances to Yoongi and Geum-jae, who just squirmed underneath her stare, "if you don't have anything, remind me and we'll go shopping, okay?"

All three nodded at this, as their mother accentuated on the family get together a little more just to answer all their questions regarding it.

Yoongi shook away those faint memories, before walking over towards the group and sliding down against the row of blue lockers on one side next to Namjoon, Jimin, and Jungkook while the others sat across from them.

Apparently, the dance trio also had some news for them as well, thus why they all decided to meet together once school was officially over for the year and the concert as well as all the other little celebrations were finally over.

"So," Hoseok cleared his throat, maybe a little too enthusiastically for their liking as they all winced from the loud noise, "we finally figured out the date for the dance competition, since you guys were wondering."

Yoongi shot his head up at this, eyes filling with a pool of swirling desire at the sudden announcement that he's been waiting for all week.

The idea of attending their dance competition was the only thing keeping him going and acted as his fuel and motivation to get through the finals and end with a successful finish.

And unsurprisingly, it was quite effective since Yoongi blazed through all his final exams with the thought of spending Christmas break with his friends and family, doing nothing but having fun and goofing off.

The group nodded their heads impatiently at this, waiting for Hoseok to continue.

"It's next Saturday at 4:00pm.."

Yoongi's heart dropped.

In just the span of not even two seconds, his smile faded away into a slight frown, too disappointed to even make eye contact with any of his friends around him who were all bustling with excitement as their topic focused all around the dance team and plans centered on that.

Their conversation entered through Yoongi's ears as a mere muffled white noise, as his conscious simply didn't have enough stamina to even see properly. His vision appeared blurrier, a sullen and misty cloud blocking his ability to see as his eyes trailed the intricate pattern decorating the school floor.

The anticipation and merriment built within him leading up to the sole event that he had been looking forward to for the past several weeks all came crashing down on him with the harsh reality.

He wouldn't be able make it.

It was impossible, because coincidentally a family dinner was planned for that very same day at the exact same time as the dance performance was.