Chapter One

(Italics are the Muffinteers and normal is Techno and the Gang)

Three young boys chased each other around a small village, dodging pots and angry villagers. One boy wore a green tunic, with a wooden mask sitting atop his head. The mask had peeling white paint and a weathered painted smiley face on it, suggesting it was as old as he.

Another had a sky blue tunic on, with glasses set atop his eyes. He was being chased by the masked boy, who yelled as he ran. "Oh Geo-o-orge!"

Finally, the last boy had on a simple home-spun white tunic, chasing the green-clad boy. He wore a band of fabric the color of snow around his head, and his eyes gleamed with mischief.

The three children sprinted past a man wearing a black-and-red cloak. The man had a bow too brittle and chipped for use, but the way he fingered the tightly-wound string showed he had many memories with this weapon. He hummed a tune, then slowly drawled out the words in a creaking voice.

"There will come a ruler, who's brow is laid in thorn; smeared with oil like David's boy, oh lei, oh lai, oh lord."

The masked boy ran into the man, making his bow clatter to the ground. Eyes widening, he slipped on his mask, bolting away and peeking his head out shyly from behind a parked rickshaw.

The cloaked man laughed, his chortle crackling with age. "Clay, I know it's you. 'S alright, you can come out. No harm done."

The boy slowly stepped out from his hiding place, taking off his mask and rubbing the wooden frame. "S-Sorry Mister Darryl! And it's the Mighty Dream!" The small boy hefted a stick hanging from his belt, sparring the air around him.

Darryl chuckled. "No harm done, you muffin." He froze, a small strangled sound escaping his lips. He then shook his head. "Why don't you get your friends over here, and I can tell you all a story."

Clay's eyes brightened. "A story! George, Nick, come here!"

The two others boys appeared, eyebrows raised. "A story? Aren't we a bit too old for that?" Said the blue-dressed boy.

"Shut up, George!" The other said. "That's Darryl! You know...Badboyhalo..."

George opened his mouth in an 'O' shape. "B-Badboyhalo? Will you tell us a story about when you were a warrior?" He bounced on his toes, standing next to Clay.

Darryl fixed his position, lowering his hood to reveal pure white eyes that once sparkled with kindness, but now lay to waste in blindness. He had glasses perched on his nose, useless, but once the tool to help his battle. "Gather round, children, and I will tell you about a time where dragons soared through the skys, when there were kingdoms made of diamonds, where Withers terrorized the villages. I will tell the story of King Technoblade."

(Song BBH sung is not mine)