Chapter 05: Trainer Kenji

Start from the beginning

"Seems I'm not the only one that doesn't give a fuck about your crown, your highness."

"Don't start," he warns before sitting, I sigh as the sun begins to reduce and the flowers turn downwards.

His mood has been ruined.

I clear my throat, "I think I should continue with my training as a hunter," I say and he raises his palm to dismiss me. "Yes, Xanthus, it's either that or I'm not going to train for my queenly duties." My tone is mocking and he doesn't seem to mind as he raises a thoughtful eyebrow.

"Deal, I'll put one of my warriors up when you're done with breakfast. You'll start your Hunter training after that you'll start your royal training, do not complain about being tired." He speaks and a growing smile appears on my lips before I nod.

This doesn't mean I'm giving up on my escape plans, it simply means I'm letting him lower his guards.

A few minutes after breakfast, and I'm standing out in a clearing where Xanthus says I'd have my hunter training. To say I'm excited would be an understatement, my dad used to train me and it was one of my best moments, and it got even better when I'd manage to put him down.

"I can't believe I'm on babysitting duty," I hear a voice say, I don't feel insulted by this, I had been called worse since my arrival here.

He shakes his honey curls under the soft sun, his blue eyes land on me and he itches his stubble. His eyes run over my figure and I'm a bit grateful that I chose to wear a black sports bra with black leggings. I might not have been the curviest but I have a good body.

"It's not babysitting if I'm going to hand your ass to you," I reply and the man rolls his eyes before throwing a straw plank at me, his naked muscles flexing at the same time.

"Let's get this over with." He mumbles grumpily, and I agree.

I take a stance; I'm crouching a bit as my feet stay apart, I'm holding the plank with both hands and an amused expression crossed his eyes before he flips his plank without breaking a sweat, I charge for him intending to land a kick on his face.

But he effortlessly blocks my attack, "How's the human realm?" He asks and catches my plank before it hits him.

I catch a bit of displeasure in his tone which gains a raised eyebrow, "You don't seem to like the human realm."

"I just don't like a place filled with weaklings," he shrugs as he catches my feet mid-air, I let out a frustrated cry when he squeezes my ankle.

"Would you think they are still weak the day they save your life?"

He lets out a deep chuckle as he hits his plank on my back, "Dapphion will burn to the ground before that happens." He answers his eyes falling over my body once again.

We continue the training, with me trying to land an attack on him and he blocks it out without effort and each time we always manage to make skin contact, when this happens I catch a tinge of desire swirling in those blue gazes.

A sly smile makes way to my lips as he pulls me flush against his naked chest, his other hand is around my waist while the other holds my wrist close to my boobs. I don't pull away immediately as I lower my voice.

"You're attracted to me,"

"I am." His response surprises me and I pull away but he doesn't let go of my wrist.

"I'm your king's mate," I say.

His eyes darkened a bit as he moves closer. "Do you believe that?" He asks and his gaze drops to my lips when I lick them.