Chapter 5

Chapter 5
About an hour later, I walked into my house. My parents were waiting for me. Their expressions were serious.

"Chelsey, sit down." My mom told me. I did what she told me and went to the couch. "We want to talk to you about what happened with your sister. We've put it off to give you space, but we just can't wait any longer."

I nodded. "After everything that happened, I chose not to kill her. She thought I was being stupid for letting her live. She threatened to hurt Leo, so I knew I had to do something."

"You did kill her, though." My dad spoke for the first time.

"No, I did something completely different." I took a deep breath. "I took away her magic." My parents stared at me with shock and horror.

"How did you even know how to do that?" My mom demanded.

"I didn't. It just happened."

"Things like that don't just happen! Someone has to make them happen." My mom's voice rose.

"Do you know what that means?" My dad asked. I shook my head. "The curse has only one option now." There was a curse put on me and Tiffany. When were both eighteen, one will be killed for her magic.

"I thought of that when it happened. It would be worth it, if Tiffany didn't have magic." I said.

"What if the curse would have taken Tiffany? And what about all of the people you're leaving behind, your friends and Leo?" My mom asked.

"I thought this was the right thing to do." I protested.

"The right thing or the easy thing?" My dad stared at me with disappointment.

"I just wanted everything back to normal. I wanted Tiffany to stop, Leo out of jail, and everyone to be okay." I looked down at my feet, not wanting to meet their eyes.

"Now you've made things completely different. Who knows what might happen."

"Then I'll just fix it." I replied.

My mom shook her head. "It's not that easy. You didn't even know how to take powers. Let alone give them back."

"What do I do?" I asked.

"Face what you did. Be prepared to take on your sister and the curse. We'll help you." My dad responded.

"We'll do anything to protect you." My mom added.

"Will Tiffany get her magic back?"

My parents exchanged looks. "We don't know." Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Who could that be?" My mom asked. Glancing at the door.

"Probably Tom. I told him he could come in, but I must have locked the door." My dad hurried to the door, excited for his friend. When he opened the door, he stopped walking and his mouth fell open. "Tiffany, where have you been?"

"Just around." I heard her reply. "Can I come in?" My dad moved out of the way and let her in.

"Did you come to kill me?" I asked.

"I have no magic. How could I?" She sat in the chair across from me. I prepared myself for whatever she was about to do.

"Don't look at me like I'm about to jump you. I've come to make peace. Mend bridges. Break bread."

"I don't think I can trust you." I replied.

My mom broke in. "It would be nice if you made up. This has gone to far already."

"Mom, I stole her magic. She wants to kill me." I argued.

"She has no magic, Chelsey. She can't hurt you." My dad pointed out.

"Besides, I want to help you with your magic."

"Why?"

"So we can break the curse."