Chapter 3

Chapter 3

My sister didn't come home that night. When I woke up the next morning, I went downstairs to find my parents at the table. They were eating breakfast. I sat in front of them and scooped eggs on my plate. My mom's gaze fell on me.

 "Chelsey, your sister seems to have run off."

 "Where did she go?" I asked.

 "We don't know." My dad replied. "We can't really say anything anymore. She's 18 now."

 "There's nothing you can do?"

 My mom shook her head. "We don't have control over her anymore."

 "It doesn't matter. You should get ready for school." I didn't really want to go with the rumors going around about Leo and Tiffany, but I still got dressed and went. Maggie and Ronnie waited by the door for me.

 "How's Leo?" Maggie asked. She seemed worried.

 "He's alright as he can be under the circumstances."

 "I'm sorry." Ronnie hugged me. Maggie joined in.

 "Thank you." We pulled apart. I heard footsteps behind us. Misty Miles appeared out of nowhere. Her hair was a scarlet red and her eyes were a deep green. She wore a silver skirt and a black shirt. Although I'd never admit it, Misty was probably the prettiest girl in school. She was Tiffany's old best friend.

 "Hey Chelsey. Margaret. Veronica." She greeted us. She forced a smile at us. "How's Leo?"

 "Fine."

 "I bet he can even make prison orange look good." She played with the bracelets on her wrists.

 "Why should you care about Leo, Misty? He obviously isn't interested in you." Maggie snapped.

 "He was at one time. We dated in fact." Misty smiled when she saw my eyes widen. I wasn't aware that they dated.

 "When did you date?" I asked.

 "Last year. He was very loyal. Almost like a dog." She gave me a pointed look. Did she know he was a werewolf?

 "Leo is very loyal." I agreed.

 "You seem to have him under a spell, Chelsey. The way he looks at you, I mean."

 "How do you know about that?" I demanded. I glared at her. My friends watched us, confused.

 "I know about a lot of things." She smiled coyly at me.

 "What are you guys talking about?" Ronnie asked.

 "What are we talking about, Chelsey?" Misty challenged.

 "Nothing." I replied. Misty gave me a superior look. Like she knew I kept secrets from them.

 "I better go." Misty turned around. She looked at me over her shoulder. "I hope you don't mind if I visit, Leo"

 "Would it matter if I did?"

 "Probably not."

 "I guess not." I lied. I would mind. Very much, in fact.

 "Good. Bye girls. I'll see you around." She sauntered away. Her heels clicked against the ground as she did.

 "Chelsey, you don't mind if she sees Leo?" Maggie asked with disbelief.

 "It wouldn't matter either way. She'd still see him."

 "You want us to do something about is?" Ronnie offered.

 "No. She's like my sister. You hit her and she'll hit you back twice as hard. Plus, Leo wouldn't like it if I went after his ex-girlfriend." I sighed.

 "Did he tell you about her?" I shook my head.

 "Maybe he thought you already knew." Ronnie suggested.

 "Or he might not want to dig up the past." Maggie chimed in.

 "Maybe."

 "Do you want us to go with you to see him after school?"

 "Are you sure you'd want to?"

 They nodded. "We don't mind. We haven't been that nice to Leo in the past, so this is a start."

 "Okay, after school." We went to class.