Chapter 4

Chapter 4

 After school, Maggie, Ronnie, and I were at the police station. Maggie was talking to the man behind the desk.

 "Can we see Leo Payne?" She asked.

 "Only one visitor at a time." The man said. Maggie and Ronnie looked at me.

 "You okay alone?" Ronnie asked.

 "Yes, I've been here before." I followed the police officer into the room. Leo sat in the same chair.

 "Hey Chels." He beamed.

 "Hey," I sat across from him. "How are you?"

 "Okay. My attorney thinks I can get out of here." He announced.

 "On bail?"

 "No, for good. The evidence they have against me isn't that air tight. They don't want to put through trial because they aren't sure if I'm guilty anymore."

 "That's great." I smiled. I thought about asking about Misty, but then decided against it. I didn't want to ruin his good mood.

 "Is there something you want to tell me?" He asked, as if he read my mind.

 I sighed. "In school, I had a conversation with Misty Miles and she told me some weird stuff."

 "What kind of stuff?"

 "You dated last year and some hints about witches and werewolves."

 "She does know about witches and werewolves." He admitted.

 "Which one is she is?" I asked.

 "She's a witch. That's why I said I knew witches when we were at the playground."

 "Why didn't you tell me about this?"

 "You don't know her." He protested.

 "She was Tiffany's best friend." I pointed out.

 "She didn't tell you either."

 "That doesn't matter." I stated.

 "Why? Are you jealous?" He demanded.

 "So what if I am?"

 "Why?"

 "Have you seen Misty? She's beautiful and she knows it."

 "You're beautiful and you don't act like it's the most important thing in the world. That's why it didn't work. She always tried to be better and she acted like she was worth more."

 "She does give off that vibe." I said.

 "You have nothing to worry about." He promised and took my hand. He was right. I didn't have to worry.

 "You know, Maggie and Ronnie came with me today and they are worried about you." He seemed a little surprised.

 "This is coming from the girls who put rotten milk in my gym locker."

 "They realized they haven't given you a chance."

 "Maybe we should have a sleepover now. We can paint each others toenails and watch the Titanic." He joked.

 "C'mon, Leo. You don't have to be friends with them. Just give them a chance."

 "I'll give them a chance. For you." He gave in.

 "Thank you." I paused. "Leo, do you remember what I said last time I was here."

 He nodded. "You were talking about Tiffany and you did something bad to her."

 "I did."

 "What did you do?"

 "We were fighting and she threatened someone I loved, so I had to do something."

 "What?"

 "I took away her magic."