Chapter 8; Lost

~this chapter is short and dumb, but hey, what can you do~

*Ellie's POV*

Soon, the concert had ended completely. There wasn't a single soul to be seen, besides the bandmembers and the stagehands. Jenna was giving Lynn a piggy-back ride for some unknown reason and Taylor was filming them and laughing her ass off. Ashley saw what was happening and tried to attack the two from behind and climb onto Lynn. The girls screamed and collapsed, Ashley going down with them. Jenna ended right in his lap, making the both of them blush redder than Danger Days era Gerard Way's hair. Lynn is on the floor, as well, but is practically rolling around, laughing even harder than she was previously.

Jake and Jinxx are off to the side of the stage, probably discussing about working out or guitars.

CC came into view to help the fallen friends up, although it seemed pretty obvious he went for Taylor first, and when she had stood fully, his hand stayed rested on her lower back for a second longer than he did for Ashley and Jenna.

I was watching the entire scene from one of the seats in the crowd, laughing occasionally at how dumb my friends are.

I felt a shifting beside me, and saw that Andy was sitting next to me. He looks me in the eye, smiles, and sighs.

"It's been way too long, Ell," he mutters.

I smiled warmly and agree, "I know, Dee. We should catch up, soon."

"How about now?" he asks quietly. I look back up to see him staring at nothing in particular.

I nodded and said, "Alright, you want to go first?"

As I said this, I could see him grimace.

"What happened?" I asked.

"...the bullying got worse," he muttered. I let out a deep sigh; that's what I worried about most when he moved.

The two of us were the playthings of the popular kids at our school. We were "emo trash", which was the favorite nickname for us.

"You don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to," I tell him, but Andy keeps going.

"No, it's fine. It was still tolerable, sort of," he mutters. "That's all there is to tell about school, though. I was about 18 when I decided to create the band. I never expected us to get so big, it just sort of happened. I did it, mainly so I could forget about the bullying, and try to forget about leaving you." When he said this, I could me feel my cheeks heat up. Andy turns to me and cocks his eyebrows, as if to tell me it was my turn.

I took a deep sigh and started, "Well, it didn't get worse, but it didn't necessarily get better. Luckily, I met the girls when we started high school. We all shared a love for the hardcore bands, so we decided to make our own. Quite frankly, it was the best decision of my life."

We just sit there for awhile, cracking smiles at our band mates as they dance across the stage. They were still hopped up on the adrenaline of the first concert.

"Andy! Get off your ass and get up here!" Ashley shouts. I hear Andy mutter and groan as he lifts himself up off the chair. I see Jenna point at me and gesture for me to come up as well. I smile slightly and join Andy as we trudge up the stairs and to the group.

I begrudgingly move my body to the sound of our favorite bands playing throughout the venue.

Every once in awhile, a slower song would come on and everybody would partner up and attempt to waltz. Unfortunately, it was Jinxx who was left out, but he remained loyal to Alice at home and helped stagehands load up the vans.

One of the instances was when 'I'm Lost Without You' by Blink 182 came on. Jinxx smiled to himself and then left to help the others.

Jenna practically threw herself at Ashley, but he didn't seem to mind. CC wiggled his eyebrows at Taylor, who laughed and held out her hand. CC took it and whirled her into his arms (yes, I did squeal a little, but only mentally). Jake just went for it and grabbed Lynn by the waist, making her cry out. She laughed and slapped his chest, but didn't pull away.

That just left Andy and I.

I knew that we would end up together, but it still made my heart race at the sight of him smirk to himself and take small glances at me.

I take a deep sigh and say, "You better not give me cooties, Dee." He just laughs and takes my hand from my waist and replaces the spot with his own.

Tom DeLonge's voice filled the space, and we all started dancing. It was so incredibly dumb and cliche, and it made all of us laugh silently. But I couldn't help but feel glad we decided to do this; Andy was holding me so close to him, almost as tightly as the day he left.

"Are you afraid of being alone? 'Cause I am; I'm lost without you," Tom sings. I smile to myself and rest my head on Andy's shoulder.

As the song went on, I tried to keep telling myself that this was just a platonic friend crush thing, but the small fires between our touching made me feel very doubtful.