Chapter 19; Colors

*Andy's POV*

When I looked down at her sleeping form resting against me, I let out a sigh.

I did wish she would remember me.

I wish that dumbass would have never hit her.

But I'm glad she was physically okay. I was angry that she was angry at herself for forgetting us, but I was happy she still liked me.

But, however, the thought that was always crossing my mind that when she had forgotten us, she forgot her feelings for me.

I felt so selfish thinking things like that, but I couldn't help it.

I think I was in love with her.

I wasn't lying when I told her that she was always on my mind. I was constantly thinking about her. I've felt this way since we were young. I've never had the guts to tell her anything about it.

My thoughts were interrupted by Dr. Weekes slowly opening the door.

"Is she asleep?" he mouthed, and I nodded. "For how long?"

"Just now, actually," I whispered back. He nodded and looked at the chart in his hand.

"I bet you would be pleased to know that it is very possible her memories will be restored. We don't know when exactly, but it's possible that it will be soon," Dr. Weekes said.

I felt like the entire room lit up a few shades. The ends of my mouth tugged up into an open-mouthed smile. I gripped her hand tighter and looked down at her.

She looked so peaceful. She was gorgeous, even when sleeping.

"Now, you can't just expect her to wake up in the morning and remember everything all at once. It'll come in bits and pieces, most likely starting from a younger age. You may be included, you may not, we don't know unless she tells us." I nodded furiously.

I didn't care how fast it took.

I didn't care if she didn't remember me at first.

I just wanted my Ell back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ellie's POV*

"Ell!"

I turn to see a boy running towards me, grass stains and bruises decorating his arms and legs.

"Ell, come on! The show is starting right now!"

I couldn't control my legs, but they set off towards the boy, running as fast as they could go. I could already hear the first couple going off, and I nearly tripped trying to go faster; I didn't want to miss a second of it.

The boy held out his hand and I grabbed for it. We raced together over the hill, to where the grass was practically covered in picnic blankets and baskets.

Another rocket shot into the air and exploded in color. I instantly let out a giggle; the sky was lit up with different shades of the rainbow, painting the undersides of the clouds.

"Ell, look! It looks like the Batman signal!" the boy called out, pointing at the newest flash of sparks. It did; the white bat was surrounded by a yellow oval, which made several people around us laugh and 'ooh'.

"Do you want to get closer?" the boy asks me. I nod for some reason, and he takes my hand again and we run. We skirt between other people sitting on the grass, where the popping of the explosions got louder and brighter.

I laughed all the way down, the boy doing the same. The noises got louder and louder, practically shattering my eardrums.

I stopped, sending myself and the boy to a screeching halt. I couldn't continue on without feeling the boom in my heart.

I was laughing, and the boy was laughing. But, I couldn't hear anything. I could only see different colors, even on the underside of my eyelids, the shades were just as vibrant.

I looked down at the boy, who, in turn, looked down to me.

I didn't notice this before, considering I was focusing on the fireworks show and not tripping over my feet, but the boy had beautiful eyes.

They were bright blue, with flecks and streaks of lighter blues and grays. It seemed like they could have held an entire ocean or nebula inside of them. They looked like the color of winter. They seemed so friendly and kind and...familiar.

They were Andy's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jumped to consciousness, again, clutching onto Andy's hand, again.

He was asleep when I startled myself awake, but he awoke himself by my movement.

"W-What? What's going on, what's happening," he stuttered, wiping at his eyes with his free hand.

My eyes fluttered around the room. I felt like the empty space in my head had gotten fuller, there was more to think about.

"Andy," I whisper. I see him turn to me out of the corner, but I can't bring myself to look at him. "Andy, I think I remember stuff."