Chapter 16; Memory

*Andy's POV*

I was pacing back and forth in front of the room that held Ellie. Thoughts chased each other in my mind, each one becoming worse.

What if she dies?

What if she lives, but has amnesia? She couldn't even remember her own name!

What if she has amnesia and forgets you?

My thinking was interrupted, thankfully, by Ellie's doctor opening the door to her room.

I look up and ask almost immediately, "Well? Is she ok?"

The doctor, Dr. Weekes, I think, send me an assuring smile, saying, "All is well, Mr. Biersack. Miss Ellie is doing just fine. The surgery went just as planned. However-"

"However?!"

"However, it seems she experienced major trauma to her head. So much, she will most likely have extreme amnesia when she wakes up."

"Amnesia? Meaning she'll-"

"Meaning, she will most likely not remember much. We will need you and her friends and family to help her with her memories. We'll keep her here until she has healed enough, but we will have keep her away from performing for some time. We don't know how long, but it's all for her wellbeing. Hopefully, she can remember the guitar and get right back on her feet. We'll hope for the best. I'll stay with her until she wake up, and, if she's feeling up to it, I'll send you in. Is that alright, Mr. Biersack?"

All I can manage is a nod, sending Dr. Weekes back to Ellie.

Ellie has amnesia.

Ellie will probably forget Lynn and Taylor and Jenna.

Ellie will probably forget CC and Ashley and Jake and Jinxx.

Ellie will probably forget how to play the guitar and to sing.

Ellie will probably forget all of her songs.

Ellie will probably forget me.

*Ellie's POV*

When I woke up, I no longer felt numb. Everything that I could possibly feel hurt like hell.

"Ah, look who's awake," I heard a voice say. I didn't recognize it, and I became anxious.

"Where am I?" I questioned, but my voice was weak and hoarse, which made me cough.

"Please, Ms. Robin, don't strain yourself." I felt my back rise; the bed I was lying on was being remotely controlled to let me sit up without trying.

A man was sitting at my feet. I didn't recognize him. He had thinning white hair and glasses that were twice the size as his eyes, and a white coat that only doctors wear.

"Am...am I in the hospital?" I ask quietly, my voice breaking in the middle of my sentence.

"You are," the man said. "I'm your doctor, Dr. Weekes. You were walking out of a concert hall when a car hit you pretty bad. The driver drove off, so we don't know who did this to you, much to the dismay of the man outside the room, but-"

"Wait, wait," I say. "Why was I walking out of a concert hall? Did I go see my little sister play her cello? Damn, I don't remember anything from it."

"No, you weren't seeing your sister. You're the lead singer of a band called Royal Roses. Do you remember that?" It did sound slightly familiar, but it was very fuzzy.

"Sort of," I say.

The man nods, and continues, "Well, you're touring with another band called Black Veil Brides across the country. Do they sound familiar?" Again, it did spark something, but only vaguely. I shrugged, which sent a sharp pain throughout my shoulder and making me wince. "Yeah, you may not want to do that," Dr. Weekes chuckled. "I'm afraid that you received several broken bones in your ribs, arms, and shoulders. You won't be playing in this band for quite some time, if you even remember how to play the guitar."

For some reason, this sent my heart sinking. I may not have remembered anything, t that made me feel terrible.

"You said there was a man outside?" I asked, trying to get my mind off of the band.

"Yes, you're boyfriend," the doctor says.

"I have a boyfriend?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. I didn't remember much, but me? Getting a boyfriend, finally? I would hope to remember that.

"Yes, would you like to send him in?" Dr. Weekes asks. I nod, so the man stands from his chair and opens the door of my room. I hear him telling somebody outside that 'she's awake, you can come speak to her, now'. I heard the scrape of metal chair legs as the somebody hurriedly stood and rushed over to the doctor.

"Is she okay? Does she remember anything?" the man asks.

"You'll just have to ask her, my friend. Don't push her, though, she did just wake up." Dr. Weekes says.

The door opens, revealing a man clad in all black. He had chin-length black hair and pale skin. A lip ring adorned his bottom lip, and another one was attached to his nose. He was wearing a leather jacket, but from what skin I could see peeking out from underneath it was covered in tattoos.

As soon as we made eye contact, he ran to my side, taking one of my hands in his.

"Ellie, oh my god, I was so worried, I'm so glad you're ok," the man cries, resting his head on my good shoulder.

I look up to Dr. Weekes, confusion etched into my features.

"Ellie, this is your boyfriend, Andy," he says. The man at my shoulder, Andy, looks back to my doctor.

"She doesn't remember me, does she?" I could practically hear the sadness lacing his voice, which only broke my heart.

"I warned you this might happen," the doctor says.

"You say your name is Andy?" I ask. He whips his head back to me, eyes wide.

"Yes, yes, it is. Do you remember me?" he asks, hope etching itself into his eyes.

"I...I don't know," I say. "Everything is very fuzzy right now."

"I've given Andy the honor to try and help you speed up your memory. Do you mind me leaving?" Dr. Weekes asks. I shake my head, sending the man out the door, leaving me with Andy.

"So," I start, causing Andy to turn back to me. "You're my boyfriend, huh?"