Murder In America

"Taehyung! Hobi- JEON JUNGKOOK TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!" Jin shouted as he quickly shoved the trio inside. Hoseok winced at the sudden change in force and proceeded to skin his skinned knee. Cursing violently, he glared at Jin. Quick to notice, Jin dragged Hoseok to the basement to patch him up.

"TaeTae are you okay?" Jimin came upstairs to bring a shaking Taehyung to the basement. "I couldn't do anything. I-I couldn't kill him. Hobi could've died!" He stammered desperately. Jimin glanced towards Jungkook, giving a sad sigh.

"You couldn't help it. It isn't your fault." Everyone turned. Jungkook said, leaning against the door. Counting his bullets. "But if you weren't there-"

"Listen, do those people care for you at all?" He asked, clinking the bullets in his hand.

"N-no..."

"Then by that logic you shouldn't care for them." Jungkook said in a 'matter-of-fact' way. Taehyung frowned slightly at this... Interesting logic.

"But they're still human... I can't just hurt them li-" A shrill scream pierced the air. Shrinking into Jimin, Taehyung stopped talking. Everyone seemed more on edge.

"That's why I'm here. I'll protect you and Hoseok both." Jungkook smiled slightly, squishing Taehyung's cheeks. Looking down, Taehyung flushed, mumbling a small 'thank you'.

"So this is Jeon Jungkook. He's my friend and he'll be staying with us." Jin introduced. Everyone nodded.

"Alright so we'll stay here and hopefully stay out of trouble right?" Namjoon asked, holding up his gun. 

"Um... one thing." Jungkook raised his hand. 

"I may or may not have someone who wants me dead like really really badly."

"What? Who?" Yoongi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not entirely sure, but he has a big gang. Last year, I killed one of his men. Probably his boyfriend. But to be fair he was trying to rape me. So I shot him."

Taehyung, Jimin, and Jin flinched. (aka, the bottoms) Not quite sure how he could talk about killing someone so nonchalantly. 

"Last I saw him, he swore he'd kill me this year with his gang. So... Should I go? They're probably after me right now..." Jungkook hung his head.

"We're not doing anything to you. Nothing has happened yet. The worst thing is Hoseok's skinned knee which I've taken care of. Also I don't doubt your strength." Jin replied swiftly, tying a bandage around Hoseok's knee.

"Um... I think you should stay too." Taehyung spoke quietly. Jungkook looked surprised. "I mean, he saved us." He added, looking at Hoseok. Who nodded in agreement. 

"Guess I'm staying then." Jungkook gave everyone a crooked smile. 

As if to spite them, a thump was heard from upstairs. Interrupting the moment. Everyone was dead silent. Finally, Yoongi spoke.

"I'll check it out. Do not come up until I say so." He grabbed a handgun and quietly slipped some bullets in his jacket pocket. Jimin's eyes widened.

"Yoongi no! You might die!" He whispered frantically, pulling his sleeve as if it would change his mind. Yoongi's gaze softened. 

"I'll be okay." He tried to take Jimin's hand off him.

"I-I'm going to go with you! I might not be useful, but if you... don't make it, I want to be there..." Jimin mumbled the last part, looking at the floor. Loosening his hold on Yoongi's sleeve. Everyone stared intently at the couple, nervously waiting to see what would happen. Pounding could be heard from upstairs.