1

It was a sunny day. I was picking blueberries, as the wind blew through my h/l h/c. It was a nice day outside. Walking around the woods, I came across a lake. I'll have to keep this place in mind. I dont have swimwear right now... I'll come back.

A few more hours of walking around, and went home to my small little village. Several years ago, before I was born, we are attacked by the dreaded dragon king. We had around 25,000 people in the village then, but overnight it decreased to 1,000. Since then, we've rebuilt, and semi-repopulated. Our town was up to 2,000 in the span of 15 years. Those who survived the attack, are on edge. The village elders have made sure basic survival skills were mandatory in schools, for boys, and girls. Hunting, purifying water, poisonous plant identification, how to start a fire, and cooking was mandatory for everyone. The village elders press self defense and survival on us girls the most. Because the elders daughter was taken that night...

And supposedly killed...

Also since then, anything of personal value or importance, is made sure to be kept in bags in bedrooms, along with a day of rations and a few daggers and such in the same bag. Things like that are hidden in case we are attacked, the dragon knights cant find the knifes. Personally, I trained in archery. I still have the daggers, but I also have a bow, and some arrows. 20 arrows to be exact. And each villager is issued 10 gold coins at the start so we can buy some supplies. But taking it out, while not illegal, is highly discouraged.

The day went as normal. I was back for lunch, and played with the young kids, who were no older than 6. Just starting to learn the basics of survival. Me and the elders, along with a few other teenagers, for the village. We all ate together, and had a good time. I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

Little did I know, it was going to be the last time I saw all of them.

Because late that night, the dragon king attacked our village.