𝐓𝐄𝐍. Killing for Sports

Start from the beginning

Claire, who rather had focused back on the map after acknowledging Owen with no intention to face him in the current situation, now rolled her eyes in annoyance and slowly turned around to face him only for Mr. Masrani's presence, keeping her cool.

"It must have been some kind of technical malfunction," she did know either but she lied smoothly and went back to focus on the monitors and the map only to be stopped by Owen.

"Are you not watching?!" growled Owen; he was even more furiated since Claire was trying to ignore the situation at hand. "She marked up the wall as a distraction! She wanted us to think she escaped!"

"We are talking about an animal here-" she tried to say, only to be interrupted by him again.

"—A highly intelligent animal," he asserted with a look into her eyes which was deadly serious. Claire still seemed like she was probably going to argue further but Vivian's voice seized both of their attention.

"Hundred metres to the beacon," Vivian informed in a little concerned but stable tone and everyone turned to look at the large screen again, with Mr. Masrani joining the two's side.

Four footages showed the InGen's highly skilled troop on route and some other screens showed their vitality. Owen watched the footages in bewilderment, connecting the dots in horror.

"You.... You are going after her with non-lethals!" he muttered in disbelief.

"We've invested 26 million dollars in that asset," This time Mr. Masrani said slowly and politely, "we can't just kill it."

"All these men are are gonna die," Owen muttered in desperation, feeling helpless knowing no one was going to believe him.

"-300 metres to the beacon," Vivian informed again.

"You need to call this mission off!" Owen urged desperately but nobody seemed to be listening.

Soon on the large screen they could see the troop had reached where they had tracked the hybrid dinosaur; it was in the middle of the open forest which was spread all over the island including the park. Once out of their transports, the troop started surveying around very professionally and cautiously, until their commander signaled them to stop. Owen peered at the screen; the commander had found something and carefully he had leant down to see it...

Everyone from the control centre were watching holding in their breaths; it was a chunk of flesh, out of it something stuck out and it was beeping constantly. It looked as though it had been clawed out; undoubtedly, the chunk was from Indominus Rex.

"What's that?" Mr. Masrani murmured in confusion, undoubtedly addressing the beeping thing visible in the clawed out piece of flesh.

 Masrani murmured in confusion, undoubtedly addressing the beeping thing visible in the clawed out piece of flesh

"Her tracking implant," replied Owen, stepping closer to the screen, concerns taking on his mind. "She clawed it out..."

"But how would she know how to...?" Claire mumbled in bewilderment.