"Xander can you even hear yourself?" Adrian shouted. "Protecting? She's not a fucking baby. If anything, she's more dangerous than all of us combined. You both.." Adrian pointed towards Atlas and dad, "You're so deluded. But I know what she is. Tonight, she is going to lead us." He was now pointing towards me. His words hit me like a truck. "This time I'm not gonna sit back and listen to you two worry about her. There won't be anything to worry about if she's with us, fighting. All those in favor say yes." He took a step back, his eyes on Xander the whole time. The room erupted in a loud cheer. People I've never met were cheering for me. Their voices shook me to my core. How can they choose to support me? Without even knowing me? The realization overwhelmed me.

If anyone was more shocked than me, it was Dad. Atlas took a hesitant step forward and placed a hand on Dad's shoulder. I swallowed hard when I locked eyes with dad. The lump just made its way back.

"You got a plan?" He asked me, silencing the whole room. All eyes turned back to me. I'm here to fight for my friends, so no backing away now. I took firm steps inside the room, eyeing everyone. Sizing them up.

"I've got something on my mind." Came my reply. I looked up at Adrian. His face... oh god, he looked so proud of me. Then I turned back to Atlas.

"Call Carlos." I spoke with disdain. Hate him or love him, he's still a part of this gang. And this, this is the gang's war.

**

The scrawny guy from earlier threw open the door to Viper's bar. It was a decent looking bar and anyone could guess who it belonged to, just by one look. After all, the giant neon sign of a snake outside was eye-catching. We all know who is fond of snakes in this city.

Apparently his name is Ian. He leads the snakes. Everyone thinks he led them to victory this time. Well, the night is not over yet and we have a whole lot of scores to settle.

The scrawny guy had caught everyone's attention, he talked animatedly. He threw his hands upwards, he shouted and he was in the verge of crying.

"Is that him?" I pointed towards a bulky dude. He was seated back on a chair, his focus was on his mug full of beer.

"I don't remember Ian being that fat. And the guy looks way too drunk. He's not use of us." Carlos replied and I was reminded how close he was. Way too close to my liking. Everyone in the bar seemed to believe the guy we sent in and followed him outside. Squinting my eyes, I did a quick count.

"Ha! Only ten? Ian is about to get his ass kicked." Carlos clapped his hands.

"Shut up!" I snapped at him before looking out of the window -can I call this a window?- and watched them being led to our trap.

"If we're gonna work as a team, you and I, we have to get a few things straight Tara." Carlos started talking and the formality made me want to choke him.

"The only you should get straight is, we are on a mission and I plan on destroying some lives tonight. So you can shut up and do as I say, or get your ass out of here!" I snapped again. Carlos stared at me for a minute. I held his gaze. There's so many things I wanted to do now, they had nothing to do with revenge.

I wanted to bash his head on the glass, I wanted to stab his genitals, I wanted to make him drink sea water, I wanted to slap him till he couldn't feel his face anymore. And... I wanted to ask. Why?

"But do you promise you'll sit down and listen to me after this?" He asked me. I swallowed. "No. I won't."

I looked ahead of me as the guys took a turn and disappeared in the corner. My people will take care of it. Ten down, twenty to go.