leal

Leal
(adj.) faithful and true

...

Chapter 5

______________

                   Liberty Lions.The best thing about our school, or as they say. Our basketball team was the most adorned thing in our school. Every one liked them, everyone. And me? Well, I couldn't care less.

Justin was the star of our school, captain of the basketball team from last year, this is what made girls swoon even more. Today, the trials for the basketball team was held and a lots of them would be here. Because, if you want to be loved in this school, you have to be in the basketball team.

Sadly, I never knew what was going on and yet Justin forced me to come and watch the trials because he wanted his best friend with him, for past two years. He even made me go to all the matches.

They never lost a match, never.

So like every time, once the classes were over I went to the huge basketball court of our school with Justin. Both of us were the first one arriving and what I wanted was to escape. But I failed two times in a row for last two years. I'm experienced.

"So Tara, you think I'll be the captain this time?" He asks and I look at him, with a raised brow, "What do you mean? You know you're good at captaincy than anyone else in our school."

He laughed a bit, "Guess you didn't know, Shawn was the captain of their school's basketball team and I've played with him. He's really good at it, more than me actually."

I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face. Justin was nervous today, which was new to me. I don't remember the last time I saw him nervous. Poor baby.

I pat his back, "Your fairy god mother just told me, you'll be the captain this year, yet again."

His face scrunched up, "No Disney references please." I laugh. Slowly, I wrap my arms around him and pull him for a hug, a tight one. As if he was in need of it, he hugged me back.

"Tara, I can't believe I'm nervous." He said. I rub his back.

"Justin, it's going to go great, I know that. I've seen you, Okay? And I think you're the bestest. Don't worry boy." I tell him. I had no idea how to deal with a nervous, wrecking Justin but I hope I'm doing well.

We pulled away. He shook his head, "I should concentrate." He said and he stepped back, taking his jersey off.

His body made girls swoon. He had abs and stuffs but I don't feel attracted towards him, maybe that's why I'm his best friend. Justin's rules were that he would play shirtless.

"Attention seeker." Someone commented and I turned around to see it was Shawn.

"That's how I roll bro." He said and winked. Shawn shook his head and dropped his bag on the bench we were standing near to. "Not surprised, this is the reason girls crave for your attention."

"One of the reasons." Justin corrected. I don't think I can stand beside Justin's egoistic existence anymore. Rolling my eyes I take my seat and notice a few more people were here.

Soon a group of girl enter the big court catching everyone's attention. It took me no time to understand that they were here site-seeing. Their eyes fell on Justin and he winked at them. I roll my eyes, he was hugging me not even a minute ago telling me how nervous he is and now he's being the playboy he's known to be.