Chapter 42

Tartoras dragged Juvia over to a river and stuck her in the water but they tied her hands to a post that was at the edge. She struggled but it wasn't easy especially now that she didn't have legs anymore. She tried using her siren song but their hearts were so black that not even they could be softened by her angelic voice.

"At the bottom of this river is where the charybdis dwells and at the moment it's only sleeping." Mard told her. "But eventually it will wake up and when it does it will most likely be the end of you. I'm sure the thought of it scares you a great deal doesn't it?"

Juvia nodded.

"Feel any tears welling up inside you?"

"I already told you I can't cry." She said. "You can hurt and frighten me all you wish but it will do nothing."

"We'll see." He then turned to Keyes. "Watch her and if anyone interferes kill them."

"Aye." Keyes said.

The rest of the crew left the river while bringing Lucy along with them. She was very afraid at the moment. When she was with Fairy Tail she had no fear because she knew they would never harm her but these people, she could feel the evil just radiating off of them. She didn't know what to do. Should she try to escape? What if they caught her? No doubt they would surely kill her? She was so very afraid because she knew that at this moment she would most likely die and once she was dead then that was it. There would be nothing left of her except sea foam. The thought of it scared her more than anything in this world.

Meanwhile Mirajane had brought Natsu and his crew mates to where her tribe resided. The men were all big, muscular, and strong while the women were all slender, athletic looking, and very attractive. However both genders bore tattoos and wore native clothing.

"We are a peaceful race." Mirajane explained. "We only resort to violence if we have to."

"How long have you people lived here?" Natsu asked.

"We don't know for sure. But we believe our race was created to specifically to protect the book of E.N.D because we all are naturally adapted to this island's harsh environment. It's like it's instinctual to us on how to survive here."

"That's interesting." Natsu said.

"No doubt you three are probably in need of food and water. My sister and I shall serve you something to eat and fresh water to drink."

"Thank you. You're very kind." Gray said.

"Lisanna!" She called. At once a young woman who looked nearly identical to Mirajane came forward. In fact the only difference between them was that her hair was shorter than Mirajane's.

"Hello Mira, who are your new friends? They're cute. Especially the pink haired one."

Natsu blushed at that comment.

"They're men I'm helping." Mirajane said. "Tonight we help them prepare for their journey tomorrow. Help me get them something to eat and drink."

"Alright."

"While we get everything ready my brother will gladly explain to you all the dangers of this island."

"Your brother?" Natsu said.

Next thing they knew they were being stared down by a man who was much more stronger than any of the other men they had seen in this tribe.

"This is Elfman my little brother." Mirajane introduced.

"Little?!" The three pirates said in disbelief.

"Stop shaking! Real men don't shake!" Elfman told them. "While you're on this island you must never show a sign of fear!"