Chapter 178: Surreal

"Good morning, my Mrs. Fireheart."

W-wha... What time is it?

The same warm smile stayed there despite him getting a complete view of her rat's nest of a hair (not really that bad compared to Anna's) and the stuporous grin she returned, and Aiden thought his wife had never looked more beautiful than she always is every morning.

Sunny rays have passed through their polished windows, their usually sealed drapes were sloppily eagle-spread to let more brightness flee around the room, what makes matters a bit strange was that her husband is not known to be a morning person.

Tugging his wife forward, he pulled her on to his lap and kissed her cheek as a more favorable greeting, kneading her shoulders to soothe down tense muscles. Elsa mustered up a smile of satisfaction as she leaned into his touch, feeling the effects of her being stuck behind her desk wash away under her husband's ministrations.

She giggled softly at the current state his hair is in. His dark locks were disheveled and ruffled, but his hair is very fluffy so she threaded her fingers in and played with it, her eyes still closed.

"Why so early?" She practically mumbled as she slapped his chest, utterly drowsy. Laughing silently, Aiden freed her platinum blonde tresses from its tousled braid and combed his fingers between velvety tendrils, and Elsa sleepily 'mmh'ed to the sensation.

She makes a devastatingly cute early bird.

He couldn't help but nuzzle her smooth cheek, "You don't know what day it is?"

Elsa subconsciously hummed a silly tune and slumped against his hard planed chest, unable to reply to his question. How Aiden hungers for a sight of those gorgeous blue eyes...

"Happy Anniversary, snowflake."

Beautiful thick lashes instantly fluttered open. Aiden nearly lost his composure when the ice queen stiffened in shock, and he squeezed her closer when her expression softened endearingly. "I.. I almost forgot," She frowned, clearly disappointed with herself.

"It's okay," Aiden chuckled, quite amused by her reaction, "But we ought to make the most of this day, won't we?"

Nodding with a growing smile, Elsa leaned in and gifted him with a quick kiss and lifted herself off from him, "Of course. So with that being our goal," She smirked and trailed a single finger from his neck down to his collarbone, "Why didn't you use the prior hours to bathe yourself?"

Scrunching his nose in a mocking manner, Aiden playfully recoiled, "I do not stink."

"Keep believing that and I assure you, I saw you last night going straight to bed clad in sweat. Now I know why I felt like I was sleeping in the training grounds."

Her husband's cheeks puffed adorably, "You're so mean." "I love you too," Elsa slyly responded, cupping his face and inching her lips closer and closer-

"Good morning, love sick human beings!" Anna cheerfully hopped into the room, her ginger pigtails swaying in the air with a clipboard nestled next to her chest, "Time to get up, clock's tickin' and breakfast is smokin' in the dining hall!"

"What the-" Aiden luckily caught his wife's startled form, "Where'd you even come from?"

"The halls. And I'm really glad you both are fully clothed and not otherwise, if you both get what I mean," The younger sister smugly rebutted with abiding energy. Elsa looked mortified at the comment, hiding her reddening face behind her husband's shoulder as an attempt to recover from her chagrin.

"A-anyway, Anna," The ice queen cleared her throat and offered her sister a hug, and the ginger willingly accepted, "What's with the overly startling wake up call that has the ultimate potential to awaken your niece and nephew?"

Scratching the nape of her neck in embarrassment, Anna laughed it off and shook her head, "Today's all about you both. Not any one of you will be worrying about the precious peanuts," She took a cursory glance at the bassinet placed next to the couple's bed and her pocket watch, "Seriously, what did you two even do last night that you woke up at ten o'clock?"

Elsa was tempted to drop a snowball on her sister's head, but the reminder of time stopped that close urge, "It's-it's ten?"

"Yes, and you're going to be late," Aiden briefly winked at his sister in law, "Wear this," Anna stuffed a package to the clueless queen's arms, "Nora and the rest will take it from here after you do."

"Wait, late for what?"

"Oh, you'll see."
••••
A ball.

There was something up to her sister's sleeve, yet she couldn't lay a finger on it with how her garrulous sibling managed to pull that stunt off effortlessly-without her even acknowledging it. Anna was trekking with Kristoff and their parents yesterday, Elsa would've been fooled the pregnant woman had a clone around the castle taking matters into her own hands.

Everything's impromptu, Elsa concluded, no wonder the castle staff were busier than normal.

The Queen of Arendelle was bathed, perfumed and more than ready for whatever her husband and sister have in mind. She was fitted in a dark blue, form fitting dress, one that clung to her skin and showed her curves in all the right places. Her self consciousness is already kicking in with the dress being entirely strapless, and it exposed so much of her flawless back.

Her hair was pinned up to a chignon since it compliments the whole look, and she's just glad there's no train attached to the dress. As always, she donned her ice heels. She's been tapping her foot impatiently for quite a while now, she must've worn a hole on the lacquered floor.

She brought her arms to hug herself and narrowed her eyes, not really caring if her sister still plans to escort her from where she waited like Anna promised.

Elsa twisted the knob and stormed inside the Great Hall, and the sight that made her take a step back was unexpected.

When did the townsfolk-

There the King of Arendelle awaited for her by the center, very much groomed and pampered, looking infinitely handsome in his creamy trousers and matching tailcoat and his, well, sloppily tied cravat. The large number of gawking crowds parted to make an aisle for their king to meet his unmoving wife.

And holy gods, Elsa is too beautiful his eyes feel like they're beholding a mortal incarnate of Aphrodite. No, she is better than a goddess.

His Queen. His wife, the mother of their heirs.

But perhaps before he approach her, he should probably close his jaw before a fly can enter. The shy giggle that escaped her luscious red lips as she brought her hands to fix the condition his cravat is in made him freeze, no pun intended.

"You knew about this, didn't you?"

He grinned. "No.. I absolutely did not."

His wife rolled her eyes good naturedly and looped an arm around his own, "You're such a dashing dork."

He retrieved a single blue daisy from his back and tucked it behind her ear, "For you."

She stroked the healthy petals and smiled, her eyes turning glossy at the familiar memories flashing inside her head. Aiden positioned his arm from hers to wrap around her petite body, "Let's go and enjoy the festivities. It'll be fun."

Everything will be fun.

Everything will always be alright.

I'll be with you.

To be continued
on the next chapter...